[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Loading the mod inside the mod itself does actually make sense. if it does do the ‘turn off all the mods’ check, it will ignore a few mods, for example api’s and itself. So when you load a cheat in the mod itself, it would just run. :slight_smile:

http://jsbeautifier.org/ < i think this is the reason

nah, didn’t get that research yet

1 Like

Actually I just discovered JSPretty which seems to do a much better job at deobfuscating JavaScript than JSBeautifier. Doesn’t make much of a difference in GDT’s basic obfuscation, though.

2 Likes

mh, I’d rather have readable code than a beautified shiny big piece o’ code.

Disbalance

I dont think thats the mods fault…

Hello! I have a problem with making a server, don’t know if this has happened before. It works well on the console tab but in the GDTMP Server the last thing it says is “starting server…” and stays like that forever. I can’t join nor my friends.

@1113 That’s what happens when someone creates the best possible custom console, balancing it would be pretty unrealistic as that console probably was released long after the last default consoles :wink:

@valstokca Nope, that hasn’t happened before. What happens if you try this server instead?

1 Like

@MrLaAnguila @Today @1113 @Derrizah @OnOff2020 @Quaelor @Pulibara @xujozer
Can you translate this string as it was added after I received your translations?

Show only chat messages

Darkly, I’ve been thinking. What if you would implement the online-only save? The “Industrial / Public” version of server would be able to save everyone’s stats before they leave, then compare the savegame they join with what the server has. Also, this implies a little update in the client mod, to not be able playing on that savegame in single-player. (Trying to not corrupt the “Online-Savegame”). Also, the save should be made on something specific like MAC / IP not username, or something like client ID, what is better.

The live editing with tools like cheat engine or other mods should still be resolved. Maybe using double-checks, making the mod smarter? I’m looking forward to try and dev an idea mod for GDT, you inspired me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is already server-side saving (an IP based system would be annoying for those with dynamic IPs or multiple players on the same network, so it’s based on a unique client ID which only has a 1 in 100000000000 chance of being someone else’s), but the same problem persists here: the client decides what to send. I understand what you mean by comparing the saves, however a modified client mod can fool the server by sending some legitimate looking save data over and over again while in reality using a save file with, for instance, over 100T in the bank.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

DO IT! Here is the link, i was testing it and it works: https://www.mediafire.com/?1f3rd52akrds8ds

1 Like

Ty, added

Expect a minor update (including the bug fixes) in 25h!

3 Likes

OOH YES! :open_mouth:

Finally we can co-dev <3

@Darkly
Could you perhaps add better logging features, like tracking the amount of cash, fans, review scores and such, and perhaps save them in a simple text file?

I’m planning on adding charts and news feeds in the info dialog, and saving them is a good idea, I’ll add that along with those features. :slight_smile:

Eh, every time someone sees the server appear on the server list, it will act like the person is connecting and then it automatically kicks it. You don’t get to notice it in-game but the console looks like this,

which is kind of annoying…

That’s because they are connecting, to get the description, player count etc. I don’t want to hide that message for debug/security purposes.

After, um “25h”, as I “promised”…

Client 0.5.2

• Most review messages are now (re)localized
  • All stats are properly rounded
  • Updated Spanish translation
  • Updated Swedish translation
  • Fixed “id of null” error when sending a co-dev request
  • Fixed “game is not defined” error when releasing a co-dev game
  • Fixed indicators not behaving as they should

[size=20]Download[/size]

@NeoTanner I’ve reuploaded the MediaFire mirror using a different archiver this time.

3 Likes