[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

I thought the website would be like sort of a table with running server. So you really need the IP? I’ve wanted to play this mod for so long, now I only need friends who know how to port forward. :wink:

@Darkly, you’re the Mod Hero!

That’s just the manual input page :stuck_out_tongue:
The server list isn’t up yet, it will be once I have released the next version :wink:

@Darkly, awesome! You’re doing a great job. :wink:

[size=30]0.2.0 is now officially released![/size]

Download at: http://www.nexusmods.com/gamedevtycoon/mods/8/
Expect a lot of bugs. Mediafire mirrors in the file descriptions.

Server list: http://gdtmp.tk/list.php

Client 0.2.0

• Added trading research (available early in the game, click CEO to trade)
  • You can now develop games for other players’ platforms! License/development costs are sent to the console developer
  • Game scores are sent to the other players, for pleasure or anger
  • “Operators” can use “/commands”
  • Advanced spying and sabotage don’t cost money to research anymore
  • Sabotage research points cost raised from 80 to 100
  • Maximum chat message length further increased, from 100 to 120 characters
  • Increased player list width
  • Rearranged sabotage dialog
  • Fixed GDTMP save data not loading
  • Compatibility with server 1.2.0.0
  • And a few other minor changes and optimizations…

Server 1.2.0.0

• Added a few basic settings (cheat mod allowed, client timeout)
  • “Exit” command added
  • “Set” command added, to modify settings
  • “Op” and “deop” commands added, to give players access to server commands, not saved
  • Messages from in-game players are now displayed in the console
  • Polling support (or whatever it’s called), check this: http://gdtmp.tk/query.php
  • REQUIRES CLIENT 0.2.0
3 Likes

Do you think, in one of the future updates, you could ad like a server list in-game? Kinda like a minecraft server list setup? And maybe add an motd, so you get a message when you join?

I don’t know if this is an error, but all of my client keep getting “dropped”

Love the new update Dark!

1 Like

I think I figured it out, when ever you “ping” it on your website, it joins the server, and then drops it, I get it now. Haha

Maybe, thanks for the idea!

Hmm maybe I should display that in a better way :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: The problem is, the way connections are made right now you can’t really know if the connecting client is an actual player or just someone viewing the server list.

Haha, yeah :stuck_out_tongue: and also, did you know you can’t use spaces in the cmd? So you have to type like “Hi_welcome_to_blah” Haha

For some reason when i send messages no one can see them in game but the server can and there were two consoles in my choose platform costing 1M for license but 0% marketshare

I also got an error that made me unable to connect to servers that i had to re-download the entire client again
"Cannot blah blah ‘length’" and then i restarted my game dev tycoon i got another error but i forget what it said but that’s what led to me redownloading it

Yeah, it seems like the hoster of the server, can’t “chat” in-game

All known bugs will hopefully be fixed tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

… on server list, my public ip… is still offline wtf?

i tried localhost (nothing, but connects 127.0.xxx.) , 192.168.x.x (connects) then my 108.4.xxx.xxx (lost server)

What am i doing wrong to make my pc as server just for people to join my game when i’m up.

Add a whitelist so admins can’t be kicked or banned.

@Darkly

Would you like this to be added to the official mod list now that you have a working build up?

3 Likes

Port forward?
You use your “public” ip, which can be found searching "whats my public ip"
Then give out that ip.

Or if you own a website, make it a subdomain of that website (ex. gdt.plethorastudios.com) :smiley:

1 Like

Did you forward port 3966 (TCP)?

I don’t think that’s neccessary as people who want to kick each other randomly shouldn’t be ops anyway…

Yeah, sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve Found An EasterEgg!

(That hehe)