[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Ok, I will translate it into german tomorrow :wink:

2 Likes

yes is coming

1 Like

Awesome idea!

3 Likes

Okay, this is how custom handlers will work (this is nerdy stuff for modders, for people who just play this simply means other mods can now interact with GDTMP ;)). This have been requested by people since maybe 2 or 3 months ago, but for some stupid reason I didn’t add them until now.

Edit: Moved all documentation to this page

3 Likes

I am getting an error quite often when playing on a server but this is the only mod i have it says

Error
Uncaught error. please report this to
support@greenheartgames.com
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of undefined

i never get this unless im using the MP mod and others are also getting it is this a mod error or something else if something else ill contact GHG

That’s probably a mod error. Can you download and enable the better error handling mod that shows a screen with more details about the error and post a screenshot of it?

I’m not sure I like how this turned out…

3 Likes

It cant work now. The game cant find any server

Yes, the server browser server isn’t working right now (I’m trying to fix it!). I am not sure if this is possible (as I’m very unexperienced in this area) but I will try to implement some kind of backup server through DNS in case the main is down.

1 Like

I just want to say that I finally convinced my friend to buy this game, and this mod is the only reason he did! @PatrickKlug should really give you a :cake:!

1 Like

That’s really cool, make sure he checks out all the other mods too, such as the Expansion Pack and Camelot ^^ (though he might want to play the game vanilla first)

I was planning on giving him my mod, but oh well… lol

2 Likes

Extended GRID is also looking very good :stuck_out_tongue: I hope you continue expanding it, because it’s already great even though it hasn’t been a long time since you released it. Play with it enabled too!

1 Like

I have a question. How i can create server gdt?

Would it be possible to add server MOTD system?

(If not added already) :smile:

Already added. In the “settings.txt” in your server directory, you can change your MOTD. This will be a message appearing every once in a while. If you need more in-depth explanation, feel free to PM me.

1 Like

The answer lies within the first post :wink:

Server (Windows only, requires .NET 4)

1. Download the server zip file and extract it somewhere on your computer.

2. a) Console (better performance but harder to use): Run “dmultiplayersrv.exe”.

b) Full interface (worse performance but easier to use): Run “GDTMP Server.exe”.

3. a) If you want to play with people over the internet (not on LAN), forward port 3966 (TCP) in your router. Click here for a port forwarding guide. Select your router brand, router model, then click “Default Guide” (just above the list of programs). There is also an experimental automatic port forwading feature (not guaranteed to work) which you can enable by typing “set autopf true” in the console and pressing enter, and then restarting the server software. You can find your public IP here.

b) If you want to play with people connected to your local WiFi network, you don’t have to do anything other than find out what your local IP is. There’s a guide for that here.

4. I highly recommend typing “help” in the console to see what commands you can use, and typing “set help” to find out which settings you can change (such as time synchronization). If you’re using the GUI, you can change these settings through the settings window. If you want to run a public server, you should enable server browser support.

It’s already a feature like @Stian said. You can change it either by using the set motd Welcome to mrbengtsson’s server! command in the console, or the settings menu in the GUI.

1 Like

I just realized how old school I am. I always edit the files instead of using the GUI :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Those who speak Portuguese and have the language set to Portuguese in GDT, especially in Brazil, will probably be happy that @xujozer has translated the mod into Português brasileiro :smiley:

I have error. GTDP Serwer 1.4.2.0 said upnp may be disapled in your router