[WIP] Expansion: TweakMod - 0.3.1

default is 100 :smiley:

from a glance, implementation looks fine to me. Will have to look deeper into this when I get a chance.

1 Like

I’ve also encountered a bug where a popop doesn’t seem to show up after the first game is released. This might be a UltimateLib error though. I couldn’t see any obvious errors in the logs.

I have to investigate on this.
Did you experience this behavior only for the very first released game?

In the “Notifications” settings, you can choose which notifications should be replaced by the “overlay notification” and which not. Does it help if you simply choose not to “speed up” the “First Game” dialog? Or disable all dialogs for speedup?

Unfortunately the json report snapshot file didn’t have any information about what could have caused the problem (at least, I couldn’t find anything atm). Do I have to look at a specific section?

I remembered incorrectly. The default notification typewrite delay is 20, not 100. 100 is the default delay for the method while 20 is the value used for the notification animation.

he typewrite method itself is used for a number of animations so if you just want to tweak the notification window then it might be best to actually tweak the notification call itself. The method call is on line 15719 in the unobfuscated code, method name is showGenericNotification.

The dynamic speed up does work but since it’s a relative speedup and the start speed is 100 instead of 20 it just felt much slower.

Might actually be easier to apply a factor to whatever the delay is in typewrite(). this way you speed up all typing animations.

back from the kitchen :slight_smile:

I like the factor idea. So basically I would pass the value using a multiplier like value * 0.0 to value * 1.0, so that I could change the UI and allow to select: “NoTypeWriter”, “Half Speed”, “Full Speed” (which would lead to *0, *0.5 and *1.0).

As you suggested, I’m going to take a deeper look into showGenericNotification now, it might help me to better understand other implementations and maybe help me out to find what’s going on with the first game release.

Thanks.

at least I can reproduce the popup issue easily: start new game (the only setting I changed was to set game conference to skip), then develop first game. after the release window and when the ‘reviews are coming in’ message should pop up the window is grayed out but no actual popup is displayed.

1 Like

@SirEverard and me can confirm this behavior. I think I’ve found a solution to remedy this problem.

1 Like

I fixed the problem. I’m doing some small changes to TweakMod now (to support player name generator) and then I’ll upload a new version of the UltimateLib and TweakMod.

Thanks @PatrickKlug for your help! :slight_smile:

Edit

The generation of the player name has been implemented. This will be released in the next minutes / hour.

Edit2

##Version 0.1.1 released##
A new updated version has been uploaded to fix some reported issues.

1 Like

@azertyman Good news for you :wink: I managed to disable the bubbles… so in the next update you will have a new option to control bubbles!

5 Likes

Wha… What?

YES!
Thank You!

But, how does that work?

This will work like this :slight_smile:

###Edit###
It looks like TweakMod 0.2.0 will be released within the next couple of hours (or maybe earlier):

New features will include:

• Game Speed
  • Bubbles (double speed, disable and default)

###Edit 2###
Mod will be released right after UltimateLib release.

1 Like

im having a error when trying to use the option of " let a publisher help sell my games "

well, i dont know how this option is on english because my game is in portuguese, but i think you will understand…

i already make some tests and this happen only if the UI is activated.

Are you already running the latest UltimateLib together with TweakMod?
You should have UltimateLib 1.0.2 update 2 installed.

Are you talking about the option found here?

http://puu.sh/6losd.png

##Version 0.2.0 released##

A new version of TweakMod has been released. Now you can double the speed of the bubbles or disable them at all. Finally the game speed control has been finished and can be used from this version on.

In the future you’ll be notified in-game when a new version will be available.

Here in short the current changelog:

• Requires UltimateLib 1.1.0 or higher
  • Configurable gamespeed added to Game Settings (allows to play the game very fast - max = 1 year ~ 20 secs) - Thanks to @SirEverard for this fine piece of code
  • Bubble speed control, allows to control how bubbles should behave
  • Minor optimizations
  • Automatic update notification

Where can i find the bubble option??? because i can t find it :frowning:

In the settings screen of the game:

I dont have the Misc. Option ?? but i have 0.2.0 ??

Please download again.
I’ve found that I didn’t correctly merge the repo on GitHub.

Yea, It works now.

Oowh haha NP, gonna do that tommorow…now it is bedtime xd :stuck_out_tongue: