[WIP] Expansion: TweakMod - 0.3.1

@Joao_Victor_Lap Thanks for asking.

Well, since TweakMod is internally being changed to build upon UltimateLib, it is tied to its release. So, although it is nearly ready, there are still some very annoying bugs that I have to fix prior to release.

It will be a matter of some days until it could be ready for a release… so a little bit of patience :wink: If it’s the typewriter annoying you, you could try the NoTypeWriterMod in the meantime :slight_smile: (ok you have to still click on OK, but the text doesn’t type write anymore)

Cheers

@alphabit, @SirEverard

I would prefer if you would make use of the setGameSpeed method in the GameManager directly (or implement a similar method based on this method), in order to provide that functionality. As many guessed correctly, ghg6 is to put the game into a DEBUG state and I’d rather not have a mod put the game in that state as it will have other side-effects.

Also, great MOD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PatrickKlug Acknowledged. As soon as I start to re-implement the game speed feature, I’ll keep that in mind so that it complies to the way it’s meant to be.

In the meantime here’s some new screenshots showing the implementation of the new feature called “Company Name Generator” which allows to easily generate a company name by clicking on the “edit” symbol beside the company name input field.

2 Likes

very nice! I assume you plan to change the icon, maybe a ‘dice’ would work best but in the meanwhile you could use the fa-random(source) icon shipping with font-awesome, which should be included in the game already.

2 Likes

Hehe, been poking font awesome at him all week :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Done :wink:

1 Like

##TweakMod Version 0.1.0 released##

I’m happy to announce that the version 0.1.0 of TweakMod has been published and can be downloaded from the following link (this has been also posted in the updated first post):

###Latest release###
:arrow_down: Version 0.1.0 (January, 11th 2014 08:30)

This is how the “Mods” dialog should look like if everything has been correctly installed and activated:

2 Likes

tried to run this mod and after correcting UltimateLib as described here the mod seems to load but I can’t see any effect yet.

I assume the Settings menu should look differently when the mod is running, right?

EDIT: I do see the random company name button though. nice :slight_smile:

Yes. You should have 2 tabs in the in-game settings menu.

tabs definitely don’t show up for me. the random company name button is there and working though. odd.

I cleaned up all of my mods in the folder. Now trying all the steps necessary to (hopefully) reproduce the problems. Let’s see.

Because the initialization of the UltimateLib didn’t work correctly, internal inits could not be performed. This should be the reason why (even after creating folders) you couldn’t work with TweakMod as expected.

This should be fixed by updating UL to 1.0.1.

1 Like

Does this include the bubble option already :)???

Not yet :wink: It’s the first release with UL :wink:

the mod is not working…
i put in the folder correctly and when i go to “mods” in the game menu the tweak mod is “red” and cant be selected

you need ultimatelib for it to work

1 Like

Please check a couple of posts before that I already stated that you need the UltimateLib for TweakMod to work :wink:

confirmed. settings working fine now.

one thing I noticed is that with the default setting running tweak mod the typewrite notification is actually slower than in the vanilla game.

You see in the normal game we dynamically speed up the animation when the user clicks on the screen. This means that a few clicks will make the typewrite animation much faster in vanilla while the tweakmod seems to remove this functionality so you are stuck with the same constant animation rate. maybe you could keep the dynamic adjustment feature and just tweak the baseline delay instead.

I’ve also encountered a bug where a popop doesn’t seem to show up after the first game is released - the game is then stuck at this stage. This might be a UltimateLib error though. I couldn’t see any obvious errors in the logs.

Here is the save:

http://dropcanvas.com/#62TV46cdwY7c41

1 Like

the easiest way to do this is probably by proxying $.fn.typewrite(options) and simply prefill the delay propery in options with your custom baseline value (only if it’s not already specified in the options object)

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

thank you for your feedback.

This is how it is currently implemented in the Notifications class:

(function() {
    var proxied = $.fn.typewrite;
    $.fn.typewrite = function(b) {
        b.delay = self.typeWriterDelay;
        return proxied.apply( this, arguments );
    };
})();

So, if I understood you right, I already did this. I only modified the delay setting of the typewrite method, without changing anything else.

TweakMod, on its side, simply sets the delay through the property “typeWriterDelay” (UltimateLib.Notifications.typeWriterDelay = intVal).

The proxying methods for the Notifications class are defined in the “init” method.

What other reasons could be at the root of the described phenomenon?

Btw. what is the default value of the typewriter delay? tbh I just set “100” without thinking about it… just a number a took randomly :wink:

To quick access the documentation associated to Notifications, you can also take a look at http://gdt-ultimatesuite.abesco.de/docs/?class=Notifications, although it’s far away from being correct (in terms of documentation layout and information displayed), you can access the source code easier from that page and see how the typewriter feature has been implemented.

Resuming, for the whole typewriter feature I used:

• In UltimateLib: A property in Notifications classes for defining the typewriter delay (UltimateLib.Notifications.typeWriterDelay, default = 100)
  • In UltimateLib: A method override using the proxy pattern which simply changes the delay of the typewrite extension method
  • In TweakMod: Implementation and user interaction to allow setting / changing the typeWriterDelay property of the UltimateLib.Notifications class