[WIP] Expansion: TweakMod - 0.3.1

lol :slight_smile: btw it only displays debug statements when something goes wrong so :slight_smile: not itā€™s not that bad.

Is that a variable somewhere in CodeNW?

Having this two solutions now, which one would you opt for and why?

Stick a switch in there to turn on and off the flag.

1 Like

You could add a setting to let users choose which ones to useā€¦
I think modders will prefer the one with the keylistener to quickly change the game speed without messing around in the settingsPanelā€¦

Haha I see @SirEverard beat me to it :smiley:

2 Likes

Acknowledged!

Gentlemen, thanks for your valuable hints! it will be done as you desire :wink:
And again I learned something new ;)))

Yeah, since the developers used it, We can use itā€¦
just to make sure weā€™ll have to ask @PatrickKlug if setting ghg6 to true is safe to use for modders?

Kristof

I see. Yes, that makes sense to me. Just to be sure if weā€™re on the safe side and @PatrickKlug agrees with this way of implementing features :slight_smile:

Hello, this looks awesome

I have an idea, maybe you can make someting so the tech and design spheres donā€™t create so much lag
for example: an option in settings menu that is ā€œdecreased spheres on/offā€

thx

1 Like

Interesting point, @azertyman. Are you talking about the bubbles that go from the characters to the top-bubbles (where t/p points are shown)? What lag do you speak from?

Building up on your thought: What would be if there wouldnā€™t be bubbles at all? Just imagine the T/P points at top of the screen directly increase their values without those bubbles going from the programmers to the top bubbles. I donā€™t know if simply turning them off makes make a big difference concerning performance (but in the end, who knowsā€¦ gotta try it out). In any case Iā€™ll give it a look.

1 Like

Please, do that. It lags when making AAA Games, researching in R&D Lab and making an console.

2 Likes

This will certainly help in the game. The alphabit strikes again!

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m talking about those bubbles from character to top-bubbles.
The lag is only when i make large or AAA games when i have like 500 tech and design points in a game.
Maybe you could make it so you have 1 bubble for each 25-50 points and put a 25 in it?

Thx for replying! :smile:

Sounds interesting. Letā€™s see whatā€™s possible and what I can come up with. I like the idea with the 25-50 points. Could be something that can be controlled by some setting just like: Default, None, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100.

4 Likes

Just a quick update and reminder that this project is NOT dead :smile: Iā€™m currently rewriting some parts to work with UltimateLib, so as soon as UL has reached a stable status, so will TweakMod. Currently reimplementing the configuration section to comply with UltimateLibrary.

See UltimateSuite Thread for details of UltimateLib.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve updated the first post with a new image showing the progress of the new integration of TweakMod using UltimateLib.

The next step will be the re-implementation of ā€œConference Dialog Handlingā€ and the implementation of a ā€œReview Speedup Mechanismā€.

Cheers

when you will launch a ā€œpublic testā€ for the mod ?

im tired of clicking, :frowning:

@alphabit Donā€™t forget to let me know when you have a working build up and running and i will add it to the official mod list :smile:

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait to use this mod!

any news on the ā€œpublic test versionā€ ? :frowning: