[WIP] Expansion: InfoStatsMod - 0.4.2

I’ll make a small test before release. Or are u interested to make a test in preparation of the release? If so, I could upload the updated version and send u a pm.

I could need some helping hand :wink:

Of course I do!

1 Like

ATM there’s only a small drawback concerning the “Best Game Ever”:
When starting / loading a game (i.e. after starting GDT), since there’s no persisted info, the last “Best Game” will popup once and then the footer gets updated.

I found out that it isn’t that annoying… but you’ll see it in the next minutes :wink:

Okay. Thats ok.

Oh, yeah and there is TypeError: and object is not a function.

So true.
That reminds me normal Java.

Hi, I see a little think in the release details when a game are not rank (over 100) a “-1” is written.Nothing serious but you can add processing of this in a future release.

A new release is ready for download. Please check the first post for additional info and download links.

@Hexatan Thanks for pointing out. Will be done in the next release 0.3.3.

Thats the error I was talking about.
It doesnt affect gameplay.

Oh wait, there is another error, Could not load one fo the scripts.

Wow. ;o

What…

Buuuuuuuuuug!
My game has broken record, and now the notification about it is after week. Looped.

After week? What do you mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing! Yo game has broken record now the profit is 2,2m! 4 Dots Later Amazing! Yo game has broken record now the profit is 2,2m! 4 Dots Later Amazing! Yo game has broken record now the profit is 2,2m! 4 Dots Later Amazing! Yo game has broken record now the profit is 2,2m! 4 Dots Later Amazing! Yo game has broken record now the profit is 2,2m!

It stopped!

I’m already working on a new version which aims to fix all known annoyances and problems. So I guess I’ll release a new one by today (0.4.0). If someone is interested in testing it prior to release I would be happy. Just let me know please.

New screenshots:

1 Like

I will test the new release.
I really like this mod, because i like having that extra info and allowing me to play without having to remember everything myself :smile:

Btw ever though about adding a ‘Audience’ column?

Perhaps for future releases.
Game Quality
Game Score

Good work keep it up!

1 Like

@JayCheetah
Thank you, glad you like the mod :slight_smile:
I would rather say, I forgot to add an ‘Audience’ column :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you please elaborate a bit what exactly you mean with Game Quality and Score?

As soon as there’s a version that is testable, I’ll send you a PM. Is that ok for you?

The ‘Review Score’ is eventually calculated by couple of factors.
This includes slider settings, Genre/Topic/Audience/Platform match, Trends, Sequels, Tech/Design ratio’s and of course your last best game.

The game uses a hidden ‘Game Score’ value, everytime you beat that ( or get really close ) it will increase by aprox 13%
There is a whole lot that goes into calculating the 'Game Score’
Best way to learn more about this is reading the Review_Algorithm at the wiki.

It also explains 'Game Quality’
In short:
Game Quality can get either a bonus or a penalty, depending on a few factors.

The reason i would love to see this in a mod, because it gives great insight why a game did or did not got the Review Score you expected.

There is a website ( outdated ) that has a Game Score and Game Quality system.

If you need any help, i would be happy to assist in any way.

1 Like

Thank your for the hints and advices.

I’ve taken a sneak peak at all that information and have noticed that I will have to take some time to dig deeper into that topic.

I really like the idea of providing this kind of additional information, because, as you said, it would give a great insight about a game’s success or failure, thus allowing the player to adjust his settings for the next game trying to get the best out of it.

I once used, in some older releases of the mod, a different score, which had 4 decimals and differed mathematically from the so called average score. For the sake of the regular gameplay and full integration in the game I decided to remove that way of displaying the score and used the average score.

[Screenshot from an older version]

Thank you for offering me your assistance, I could need that for this new kind of features :wink: