[WIP] Expansion: InfoStatsMod - 0.4.2

Any chance this might receive an update too @alphabit? I hope I’m not being too presumptuous in asking, I just greatly appreciate your work and would love to play with this mod again!

First of All, Thank you for developing this mod because it give new insights on game history and such.

However, there is an error I want to point out. This mod will cause the game to glitch when a MMO game is active.
I do not know the cause of the glitch but I guess that the stats fluctuates frequently when an MMO game is currently releasing. The symptoms of the glitch appears when you click the MMO-game and when you try to look at the stats provided by this mod - an error message pops up and you have to restart the game, which can often be a pain in the ass situation for people who doesn’t save their games frequently.

But so far I came with a solution - before you research and develop an MMO type game, deactive the mod first, and then restart the game. That would solve the problem.

I hope this post helps.

i get this error from your mod every time i open the game

Error Alert
Error Could not load mod one of the scripts /home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/charts.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/datalist.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/modal.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/image-picker.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/flot.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/source.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Prototypes.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Config.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Utils.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_ReleasedGames.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Analysis.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Platforms.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Notifications.js is missing or invalid!

Enabled Mods:

Game Dev Tycoon Mod API by support@greenheartgames.com
UltimateLib by Francesco Abbattista and Chad Keating
Grand Topic Mod by Skaterrrrr77
MoreTopicsAndAchievements by Awesome
Percentager - Slider Focus Percentages by Adrien Verhulst
InstaTypeWriter - Instantaneous Notification by Adrien Verhulst
DecimalScores by tmch
Insta Review by |Ds|
Expansion Pack Mod by DzjengisKhan
Increased Topic Visibility by Boom Blockhead
The Gamers topic Pack by Thomas Solberg
Valve Mod by RealOwl124
GDTTechEngine by UME
More Variations Mod 0.1.5 Alpha by 3XP3R1M3N74L (Dreamzy)
ExtendedGDT 1.6.1.2: Polishing Update (last update 29 August) by FireChaos
Advanced Topics by James Williams
Learn By Doing by Boom Blockhead
Support Services by StarzTrod
The Topic Expansion Mod. by Hungry Spartan
StartsWithMod by Francesco Abbattista
TweakMod by Francesco Abbattista
Contractor Mod by austenke
Information and Statistics Module by Francesco Abbattista
Game Version: 1.5.27

Platform: Linux

Distribution: Steam

UME is outdated, so you should disable all the mods using it.

ume mods work fine i have never had a problem with them

then what is that error you are getting…

Seriously, just browse the forums. There are tons of reports of UME mods corrupting saves.

my saves are fine

the error is

Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Prototypes.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Config.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Utils.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_ReleasedGames.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Analysis.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Platforms.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Notifications.js is missing or invalid!

disable/uninstall all the mods and try a new save.

the save is not the problem the problem is that the game cant find the mod files and i have checked the links in the .js file and they are all correct

Those paths really don’t look correct.

Mods should be either under ./mods or, if it’s a steam workshop mod under./mods_ws

./source is not a officially supported path for a mod to be in.

the source path is the infostatsmod directory

I really like the idea of this mod, and i want it to work, However im having an issue with the UI, when i click onto a game to see the info about it, it’s totally off center, to the right. If it’s okay i will see if i can fix it. If i do fix it, i would be more than glad to either upload the fix or tell you where i find it :slight_smile:

I think this mod is pretty outdated.

1 Like

you think right

Im a total noob in terms of coding. If you would take the time and effort to explain me this, I would be really thankful.
But you totally dont have to.

Has the development stopped for this mod? I really want to see the changes between the games I’ve published through time. The posts on this forum are a few months old, and I’m worried this mod will stop in WIP.

Yep, it’s dead @alphabit isn’t active anymore.