[WIP] DLC Mod [0.5]

Details

What is it?
The DLC mods adds DLC to the game. Every time you’re about to release a game you have a choice of releasing 3 kinds of DLC, each with a certain price and inherent risk. A while after the game is released, you will issue out DLC and based on the number of people who bought your original game you will get a certain amount of money.

Risk? What risk?
If you release a bad game, adding DLC will just piss off your fans more. The more expensive your DLC, the more fans you lose if the game isn’t any good.

Doesn’t a DLC mod already exist?
Yes, but after playing it I felt like it could be improved on. This actually adds a new feature to the game, instead of rebranding sequels.

Sounds cool, how do I get it?
Check it out on the Steam Workshop or on GitHub

I have a suggestion, how do I tell you?
Comment it below and I’ll get back to you!

Changelog

• 0.5 - Initial Release

Planned

1. Nothing yet

By the way…
If anyone is good at art and would like to help with a logo, that would be awesome!

7 Likes

i don’t know if this is stil relevant, but:

It’s nice to have other modmakers.

1 Like

Welcome to Game Dev Tycoon, EA!

2 Likes

meh, My DLC mod is temporarily discontinued because I am working on another little project. I think your mod will be shiny though.

@Gamingthrou

Awesome.

If you’d like to work together, I’d love to.

@Corrado you might want to consider making a non-steam download link, as not everyone uses steam for GDT.

2 Likes

Done!

New update just came out that should fix the problem of DLC not showing up!

Huge thanks to iC.AtomicWedgie™ and _Gunfight_ for their help with reporting and figuring out the issue.

Here’s a logo thing for your mod.

Just add .png at the end of the link.

The proof that you have better photoshoping (or something) skills than me

I need to know who created this account! So this account was created just for that link?

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

Does anyone here get the error that object has no method to ‘getRelativePath’?
EDIT - Woops sorry the error was from my mod not this one!
EDIT 2 - I was totally joking it comes from this mod!

I have that error. How can I solve it?

Hmmm, so does this mod work or not?

HELP! i got a very strange bug/glitch!
i keep getting a message saying i released a DLC if i didnt, and i there keeps popping up a message that my game is nearly done and to release a DLC, i keep clicking no but it doesnt stop the DLC releasing!

Hello. I have bug with this mod. If I would like create game (1st game) i’m having DLC event but if i disagree this event (I don’t know when i agree this DLC event what’s happend next) i don’t have any DLC events again… (sorry for my week English)

Can you fix the bug where you sometimes don’t get the DLC event, and I keep losing fans just because high-risk DLCs keep getting made for no reason.

i have an idea, you can change the layout, example: you can throw at most 4 DLCs after releasing the last game, and put more things to dlc, example: packages with items, maps and textures