Develop DLC/Patch option

I have been playing the game for some time now. I am at year 28. I think it would be cool if there was a feature that you could develop a DLC/patch. I know there will be random events when fans ask to patch a bug. But I mean if you could make a DLC/patch that you could sell. NOTE: I mean in game not in real life.

@Jacke1012 That would be a great mod idea! I would definitely download that mod! If you want to make a mod, I would say to use UltimateModEditor, but I don’t think you could create a mod like that on there. So you would have to use the mod API. It’s basically a template for modding. To get it, here’s the link: https://github.com/greenheartgames/gdt-modAPI/tree/master/api I hope this helped!

Honestly, this is not something the mod API itself can really help much with, the documentation does not tell you enough of what’s going on for that to work, there are thus two ways to go about this, either look through the source (which only so many people can do) or get a documentation of many functionalities of the source (which depending on the how thorough it is, could be a legal problem, and no one has put any time into it)

2 Likes

I have no experience in modding or codeing and I wrote this as a suggestion to green heart games as a future update. I think the only way this is going to work is if green heart games do it then selves. But thank you for your help.

Actually, this would be really easy, I could probably take half an hour (at most) to get a mostly stable version of this up, and honestly, this is one of the things I’ll probably be modding in soon (when I get the first version of the Spartan Dev Project up) I was simple pointing out a flaw with what @ScrewTheMoose was suggesting. Honestly, this wouldn’t be very hard.

Ok for me it would be impossibe :slight_smile: but for you it might be easy. Could you notify me if your are doing it.

Alright, since I’m currently working on an API, I won’t have time yet, but if you watch the SDP Thread, I’m likely to announce the mod I’m planning to follow it there. If you’d like to keep in touch (and hopefully talk with other GDT people, though not many have gotten on to it yet), I’ll probably also announce it sooner on the Discord server, so yeah.

1 Like

The DLC Mod already exist, you can find here : [WIP] DLC Mod [0.5]

or here (it’s another mod) : [REL/WIP] DLC! or something mod

This feature isn’t that hard to implement into a mod. You just have to Hard code it using the code.js as a refrence