[Win] Can't leave the R&D Lab [SOLVED]

I can’t leave the R&D laboratory
or must have completed there something specific to get out there?
See picture : http://puu.sh/2IPC8.jpg

It is supposed to be that you can simply drag the screen, however on Windows 7 I am experiencing an issue that wont allow me to do so. My advice to you is to click the screen once, then hold and drag to see if that helps.

I also have the same problem

It must be a Windows 7 issue then. Hopefully this wont be too tough to fix.

yep seems to be a hard bug
can’t scroll to the left but a little to the right
you go bankrupt if you stay :frowning:

+1 to this issue, wish I had known sooner!

Edit

Are you using 1.3.0 or 1.3.1?

Edit 2

Oh, it’s bugged in 1.3.1 too.

hmm. I will look at this. If possible could you send me your save files to support@greenheartgames.com

Just zip up the LocalStorage folder under

C:\Users{USER}\AppData\Local\Game Dev Tycoon

Where {USER} is your windows user name.

Thanks.

1 Like

It seems that the scrolling doesn’t work if you click in the left and right parts of the screen. You should be able to get out of it by clicking in the center and dragging to the right. I will investigate this further but this should allow you to continue.

Also, I see that your two left-most staff members have 0 efficiency. If you were running 1.3.0 they were not clickable on lower resolutions. Update to 1.3.1 and you should be able to click them…

Strange, I’m clicking centrally and yet I still can’t drag out. Holding M1 + dragging or Clicking M1 then dragging both results in just “cancel project” popping up. I’ve been playing in 1920x1080 by the way, although I had a secondary monitor enabled before which I disabled thinking it was causing the dragging issues.

Regarding staff member efficiency, what do you mean by “not clickable”? I can see in the save data that they are indeed on 0.2, I’m assuming that’s the efficiency when they’re first hired?

You should be able to left click near the center of the screen and then drag slightly to the right.

In 1.3.0 (the early-access) version the two left-most chars were not clickable so you couldn’t send them on vacation.

That’s weird, they had always been clickable for me, and I could see the vacation animation play through. Secondly, I reconnected my secondary monitor and while I can now click and drag towards the right, it just results in seeing the void. :blush:

http://i.imgur.com/79KYGdU.jpg

fix will be in next update. sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

No trouble at all, I think being able to talk through bugs with the actual developer is one of the best parts of small studios.

I got version 1.3.2
Now it works with the Arrow Key’s ( Left/Right ) switching locations
but scrolling with mouse is still broken
thx for that fix !

I’m in 1.3.8 and i still have this bug D:

Im using win 8.1, I remember i had this issue when this game came out but there was this small spot that allowed to me to switch between sections.
However now that played it again, im suprised it has not been fixed, it is even worse. I cannot get away from R&D Lab now.

Also the menu system was something i hoped was a bug that was to be fixed, it takes to long to open.
If i press wrong, as in example im sending someone of to vacation, i have to wait for all the items to come up, and then press again on the person and wait again for the items to come up.

…like the game, but these annoyances make it hard to play passed 3rd office.

Hey, Sorry to hear about that. Can I check which resolution you are using?

Thank you for the feedback with regards to the menu system. Have you ever counted how many seconds it takes to pop open? It would be useful for me to know if this is an isolated or common issue and how long it takes.

The arrow keys are the best way to switch in and out of labs.