What's in your guys' computers?

You can have my 12PLN.

3 euro.

Come on, if it’s small then it can’t be expensive

right

Uh… are you fine with a cardboard box with computer parts drawn on with a dry sharpie?

1 Like

How much FPS in Solitare on medium?

Zero.

dam
my current one gets 0.1

nah m8, but thanks anyway.

CPU: AMD Athlon II 750K 3,5GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7850
MB: ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR3-1600
HDD: 1TB
PSU: Corsair Builder CX430 Bronze

i5-3750K CPU
Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Mobo
Asus Geforce GTX 750TI GPU
16GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333(7-7-7-21) RAM
256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
3x1TB Hitachi 64MB Cache 7200 RPM HDDs for storage
OCZ 750W Fatal1ty PSU
Cougar Volant Black case
And of course Windows 8.1Pro with Media Center

Why all the ram and storage? Planning on downloading the entire internet?

How much did that cost you?

@chizbejoe Roughly $1300 including taxes, I built it in 2012 with the exception of the GFX card, which at the time was a BFG 260 GTX OC from my previous machine. I finally replaced the gfx card last year with the 750Ti GTX.

Everything I bought was on sale, and had to be 15% or more on sale for me to buy it. The SSD was 50% off so I saved a lot with that. I also usually wait till a newer technology is out and I get the last model and that saves me big $$$.

@lilshatespug217 I ripped all of my DVDs onto my HDD’s and stream them to my TV, as well as my music and my wifes. The RAM is to help with photo/video editing, programming, art, and gaming. Plus the ram was on sale.
1 HDD = movies with 92GB to spare
1 HDD = music with 218GB to spare
1 HDD = Old CD based games, my artwork, visual studio project files, pictures etc with about 54GB to spare
1 256GB SSD that houses the OS and installed games with 84GB to spare

If you really look at it, it isn’t much storage, my brother has over 32TB of storage for his HTPC, and gets at least another 1TB every month.

Not to judge but I dont think you need an entire harddrive just for your wi(v)es.

I think he meant a hard drive for his and her music

lol
I had 200 GB’s and no problem with space at so all.
Now I have 500. It’s still enough.

I’m looking at a $100 3tb seagate HHD… I managed to fill the 1tb one in 5 months… #toomanysteamgamesproblems

Don’t get Seagate. Bad brand.

1 Like

I’ve ALWAYS had better luck with them than western digital or hitachi… so apart from those three, what should I get?

A lot of people consider Western Digital to be the best, so that’s weird that you’ve had bad experiences with them and Hitachi. I guess you can always try Samsung. I’ve heard good things about them. Just… Whatever you do… Don’t get Seagate.

Western digital have a bug with Linux, so you need to/should download the firmware seperately. It should be detected if your distro creators aren’t completely braindead. Else, your harddrive will decide to randomly write data to your harddrive and probably kill the president.

1 Like

bruh

1 Like

A Dell Inspiron PC from 2014.

Yeah. That’s honestly terrible for gaming.