What are some of the greatest movies of all time?

Eh, I thought I’d make this thread because there’s a TV show version of it.

For me:

NUMBER FIVE!
Children of Men (2006)

When people can’t make babies anymore infertilty strikes the world, the human race faces its biggest challenge yet: Extinction. Based around the 1990-something novel of the same name by PD James, Children of Men explores the story of how humanity works in the brink of its existence. Focusing around a servant of the United Kingdom- the last functional government in this babyless world- named Theo Faron, in his struggle to help refugees seeking help in the free kingdom. I guess what makes this movie good for me is the concept. While the movie itself is pretty good, the concept itself is wow-worthy. Also, single-shot long takes? +1 confirm for awesome movie entry

NUMBER FOOOOORE!
The LEGO™ Movie (2014)

Deception, mystery, thrilling… are three words that do not describe this movie. It shows a lego™ guy named Emmet Brickowski who lives out a pretty normal life, y’know, building lego™ stuff out of the box, following the IKEA instructions in the box of the lego™ set. But everything changed when the fire nation attacked he finds a lego™ woman searching for something in the lego™ construction site he works in. Anyways, it’s pretty straightforward from there on, it’s good, damn good, so go watch it.

NUMBER TREEEEEE?!
Groundhog Day (1993)

TV weatherman Phil Connors finds himself reporting the weather by an absolutely scientific way of telling the wather with the power of the groundhog Punxsutawney Phil in Punxsutawney, Philadelphia*. Misanthropic as he is, he tries to get his job done as quickly as possible, as he wants to leave, NOW. After reporting the news on February the 2nd, he sends himself and his crew back to Pittsburgh. But due to a blizzard, a snowpile blocks the way back to Pittsburgh and they were stuck in Punxsutawney until tomorrow. Frustrated, he goes back to the town, and sleeps the night out. Only to find out he’s stuck in a time loop, repeating the 2nd of February over and over again. It really explores deep into the psychology of human nature (yes it does get this deep), I like that.

*weather-telling by means of groundhog crawling out of the ground may not be 100% accurate

NUMBER TWOOOOOOO
Hot Fuzz (2007)

A comedy film starring the one and only Simon Pegg. Police Constable Nicholas Angel has an all-time record in the London Metro Station with the highest number of arrests, takedowns, and service for the empire (maybe not that honourable but whatever). After being transferred because “lack of unethical empathy for all the other police comrades who suck at their jobs therefore it must be you who is causing all of this trouble because by being so good you make us look bad” is apparently a good way to show lack of competence today, he contemplates life after his divorce and devotion to the metro, only then to be transferred because of his ‘incompetence’ and his plastic plant. He is then transferred to a small town in Gloucestershire named Sandford, where he discovers some, let’s just say, interesting stuff. With its hilarious acting and satire, this movie really should be watched by everyone, and that’s saying something.

finally… the long awaited
NUUUUUUUMMMMMMBER OOOOONEEEEEE!!!
17 Again (2009)

Michael O’Donnell finds himself in a wedlocke with fellow highschoolmate Scarlet Porter. And so begins his story of awkwardness in explaining to his parents why he banged had a baby with his girlfriend before he was allowed to drink. After regretting his decision of divorcing with her 20 years later, he goes back to his old highschool to contemplate life, where he meets with a conspicuously totally not suspicious old man as a janitor. whom transformed Mike back into his awkward 17-year-old self… How he does that is beyond me, but it’s a terrific movie. Zac Efron + Matthew Parry = Pure Genius.

This list ain’t changin’. It stays until something can beat Children of Men.

Super Hornio Bros.

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

(° ͜ °) You know it

• Rear Window
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • Forrest Gump
  • Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
  • WALL-E

I’ll keep updating this post as I think of more things.

1 Like

My fav movies are movies with aliens and supernatural stuff.

1 Like

Dawn of Planet of the Apes, The Maze Runner, and Into the Storm.

"the fire nation attacked’

what is it with you and double posting? anyways
cough

and mostly every pixar movie
also Wreck it Ralph is pretty good I guess
cough

1 Like

True, though I did not like Brave or Cars 1 and 2. Inside Out was very clever.

1 Like

Yeah, Cars 1 was okay but I always believed Cars 2 was one of the least good pixar movies… never got a chance to see brave the full-way through, so I can’t judge it fairly.

2 Likes

And Time Travel movies

I don’t think Brave is a good movie

1 Like

Terminator anyone? You said of all time, it came out on 84, and it was hell awesome for a movie of that time

EDIT: Can the developer of this forum make an alert for necros? I’m begging you!

3 Likes

Discourse has a warning for necros for necros that are 6 months-late.

Well, if they ever make a documentary about tv tycoons development, that. But then it’d just be a series of unfortunate events.

1 Like