[TUT] Installing mods on the most recent version

I’m sorry. I will try that.

no it’s ok.

Look.

I get the same error message when I was installing this mod. Please discuss this issue with the mod developer as I don’t have anything to do with this, sorry.

Link

Thanks for the help!

I don’t have a mods folder. What do I do now?

Make sure you have the beta version of the game. It’s explained all here:

Go to your library and right click Game Dev Tycoon.
Then go to the last tab that is Betas and then select the box that has the translations. It should have a version called "Beta - beta"
Select that and now you can load the mods into the game.
If there isn’t that option, restart your steam.

If you followed all the steps and still don’t have a mod folder, just create one in the ./Steam/SteamApps/Common/Game Dev Tycoon/

mod support is out of beta now. you shouldn’t need the beta. just know that mod support isn’t available on Linux yet as we are still fighting with some issues.

Ciber Mod isn’t updated to the newest Mod Support. :wink:
@GameDevUnique @glampkoo

I done all this and created a mod folder myself and the mods still will not show up in the game.

I seriously don’t know how to fix your problem. I’ve done everything to help you. You should make a post telling your problem. Also, does your GDT updated to 1.4.5?

Well, thanks for the help. I made my own topic for this and hope someone can help me. Also, yes, my GDT is updated to 1.4.5.

already done this, but the mod not show up in game. when i select mods from setting. only show Game dev MOd tycoon v 0.1.1. no other mod, i already copy expansion pack mod tough.

nevermind, fixed. i put master folder before. should put the content

Make sure to go the official list and use the updated ones ok?

ok

but i accidentely deleted my modding api how do i get it back? D:

Where the hell is my steam folder? ps im on a mac

Sorry I don’t know, i’m on windows.

@XINTAXS

Where is the mod folder on a Mac?

Go to your Game Dev Tycoon folder. You can find it by going to
Library>Application Support>Steam>SteamApps>common>GameDevTycoon In
the folder there should be the Game Dev Tycoon icon. Right click on
it and press “Show Package Contents”. Go into the “Contents” folder.
Go into the “Resources” folder. Go into the “app.nw” folder.
Many thanks to @theretron1 for his tutorial here; [TUT] Where To Find The Mod Folder (Mac Users)

@aussiestuff
You can download the API here

How do i check if im running beta if i downloaded through the website. im not using steam ( to my knowledge)