Translation into Spanish

I would like to see this game in spanish too. I have some experience translating games unofficially, and I am willing to help with this one contributing with the translation, moderation, testing… or whatever needs to be done.

But, since the majority opine for translating it in Latin and international Spanish, would we need 4 mods?
Anyway, the final decision is yours.

I can’t be a moderator cause I have no time to moderate it permanently.

In this thread, as I see, @Julian_Cardenas, @KilFer, @ajff05, and @e_roche offered themselve as moderator.
@iddeen would bring his own translation team.

I think we have anything we need.If there can only be 2 moderator, I recommend @Julian_Cardenas and @KilFer (my opinion, I only represent myself) cause I see the most interest in these people.
And for latin spanish absolutely @ajff05 since he is from there.

I would please that more people comment about this to begin this as soon as possible.

As I said before, I volunteer as moderator. I have worked on translations for games unofficially, or rather private translations. I can start as soon as needed.

moderator I could help :slight_smile:

although I’ve never participated in a translation of some good game but serious XD @KilFer aid me since he has experience in this field XD

I absolutely agree with @qazser. Really good ideas going on here. And even though I’ve never participated before on a project like this, I think it would be a great experience working with you all guys.

It seems that there are a bunch of people interested on doing this. I volunteered not only as moderator, but also as translator or tester. As I said before, whatever the task is needed the most. I see that @KilFer and @Julian_Cardenas can moderate, so I can collaborate in other areas.

In my opinion, we can have a pretty solid team of volunteers based on the number of posters in this thread :
Mods: @KilFer & @Julian_Cardenas
Translation: @YoMismo, @kaicos, @ajff05, @qazser, @Arensivia, @70S, @iddeen and team, @AlexVixgeck, Francisco_A and e_roche (myself). Did I miss anyone?
Testing: I don’t know whether this is needed. Some spanish expressions or word are usually way longer than their equivalents in english…

I think we are ready, don’t you?

(Sorry for not mentioning all of you, 10 mentions restriction :smile: )

2 Likes

Yeah, I think we’re ready to start translating this game.

You’re right, Spanish expressions are longer than their equivalents. But French and Portuguese expressions too. If they can translate, we also can! Testing is an obligatory part of the translation…

So we’ve got everything that is needed to do the job. We’re just waiting for the language to be unlocked so we can start translating right away.

Yeah, man, you forgot me! :frowning: I already volunteered as a translator on European Spanish.

Hey there, I’m a Spanish translator and would also be delighted to help with the localization process. I don’t think it’s the most urgent feature right now, but knowing how little English people in my country know, I believe the project would gain a lot of popularity!

that great call that resulted in last XD I did not think that my comment about a Spanish translation to call both attention and will make it official on top: D

So sorry @larsaliknt! One more to the list :wink:

Perhaps @Julian_Cardenas could update the first post with the full list of people interested in participating? Maybe this could encourage @PatrickKlug to include spanish as an official translation project, I think there is enough interest already…

@PatrickKlug also asked for two capable moderators, @Julian_Cardenas and @KilFer could write directly to the devs to make them know how capable you are ;), telling them about any translation project you have participated on… Just an idea to definitely bump this project!

1 Like

I work for a language service provider and we have plenty of experience translating movies and games. I sent Greenheart an email about translating the game into any languages they’d like, but I’m still waiting to hear back from them.

I agree to what @e_roche has just said. @Julian_Cardenas and KilFer have already applied to be moderators, so if they agree to this, they could contact the designers and make this project official.

There’s just one small problem I’m seeing here and that is we have perhaps TOO MANY translators for this. But still, I think we could share the work so everybody can participate. Quite similar to what you actually do in the game with the bar percentadges. :wink:

1 Like

Since @Julian_Cardenas was the one who started the thread, and has the first post, should be he the one who talk to GreenHeart. If not, I will send the message at night, or tomorrow morning.

I will send a PM to @ PatrickKlug a week ago asking about activating the translation in Spanish but this is the time that still does not answer

Any news on this? @Julian_Cardenas, has @PatrickKlug replied to your message?

I’m so sorry. I’m a bit overwhelmed with PMs and at the moment I can’t easily see the ones I haven’t read yet. Will try to unlock Spanish over the weekend. If not, please tag me again.

3 Likes

Good news! Thank you very much @PatrickKlug!

Yeah, thanks you! ^^

Maybe we can catch a good rhythm soon… :smiley: