Thoughts on Undertale?

So, Undertale has been going around the internet a lot recently. I haven’t played it myself (I’d like to), but what do you all think of it? If you have played it, what did you/do you think of it? Also, NO SPOILERS! Just putting that out there now.

Its like Earthbound. The controls are like Sega Genesis/Megadrive. The instruction are not that great. The battle system can be confusing at first but you get used to it after 3/4 times. Its an recreation of an 8bit game. I rate 7/10

“Press Z to read signs”

1 Like

Never heard of it

You should look it up, it’s a JRPG inspired by games like Earthbound, and the soundtrack in it is phenomenal.

Sounds decent…

I haven’t tried it but I just love that a story-driven game can be this successful on PC. A good sign for indie innovation.

1 Like

i like it

1 Like

Did you just call Undertale a JRPG? Please stop talking until you’ve played it because that is one of the most disrespecting things I’ve heard.

Undertale is amazing and everyone should buy it. If you don’t, you’re a monster and have no taste in games. Nuff said.

2 Likes

I wont buy it, and i’m not a monster. You are a monster calling people monsters :wink:

3 Likes

How is it not a JRPG? I never even said it in a disrespectful manner…
*EDIT; I know it was made by Toby Fox in America, I just meant it was like a JRPG

Yeah, and you are the plant at the beginning of the game.

Well, for one a JRPG is made in Japan so that already disqualifies Undertale. Otherwise, take a look here and tell me Undertale looks anywhere close to that. Pretty sure you have trouble seeing if you think so.

I will see that as a compliment. That would mean that at least I’m a better developed character than you will ever be.

1 Like

Wait, what’s the difference between WRPG and JRPG? Other than where being developed of course

Only that they are made in different country’s. But I wished it worked like that.

People say the WRPG genre is a ‘craft-your-own-story’ adventure. And a JPRG is a ‘Follow-the-story’ adventure. But it’s just that the Japanese people have other taste in game design; So I don’t know why it’s disrespecting to call Undertale a ‘JPRG’ @Lineliar, it’s more disrespecting that you call people monsters that don’t buy the game.

1 Like

Again, I didn’t mean JRPG in a disrespectful manner, I had just heard it described as such before. Honestly, I don’t even understand how it could possibly be an insult, generally JRPG games are amazing!

guys shut up abuot stuupud categoryes and play the damn gaem

1 Like

I’ll take broken English for 800

3 Likes