SMT scrapped for now - New project

no it’s the derailling police
wait I’m derailled nonononono
crashes

:police_car: > :oncoming_police_car:: This is the police! > :busts_in_silhouette:: Hands up Today! > Today: :open_mouth:: I’m sorry, I will never go off-topic again!

Seriously though, stop it. We are ruining @Rex0099’s page.

1 Like

yeah
anyways
any progress with the game @Rex0099?

Not worked on it much with it being Christmas, @today

:frowning:
I want to see some game happen after @Aswin_Vos, @gamedev13600, @CrumpDev, @apljee. When I think about it, we seen enough to have a successful game.

@Today, you are goddarn right!

@Today
That’s why I’m not making “big” announcement until I don’t make game to beta/playable state.

Let’s just say about “small” project.

HDT (Hardware Dev Tycoon) was in development for about 2-4 months by me & @Haxor but only thing that was completed and working was main menu, save/load/delete system, language system, company & character creation. What about gameplay? Well, game was able to create workers in array and then create worker on screen as character with his ID, name, profession etc. (which was buggy) I managed to get one character move at screen in isometric view, a small piece of hud was also completed, money, fans and working date was shown.

HDT was advanced version of @Haxor’s HardwareZ. Game was going to be completely free with no ads. Game was also created with Construct 2.

Why project has been canceled?
That’s easy to answer, project was too big, I was “programmer”, graphic, artist (etc) for entire game. @Haxor was an “Idea man” and translator of project. Every collab we make, it’s ends with failure because we can’t find custom language in C2. Still, I’m happy with what I’ve done in that short period of time.

Proof?
I can only show screenshots of events sheets, layers, layouts in preview and etc. as some graphics are lost and C2 is giving errors at start about that, so I can’t show any gameplay footage (which no one cares about) but I can show entrie project list with all folders, objects etc.
click me for project image list
click me for saveState event sheet image
click me for example character (very early)
click me for hud image

Save state event sheet has 194 events.

Well, that was a big offtopic but I won’t tell anything about it here.

1 Like

what
i didn’t do poop mate I was just playing nekopara

And Sunrider Academy :wink: (A great game btw)

yeah right

no
that was before
it was like 3 months or so ago

Will be working on this again soon, just need to transfer some files and software to my new computer

oK, Money making systems, there will be missions and banks to hack, but what about “coin mining”. Like bit coin mining?

Any other money making systems.

Also, what should i put my focus on in this first stage?

maybe you should make a character named Toyester who gives you dangerous missions for a huge amount of cash
and you can use it to upgrade your hardware and software
and the more missions you completed from Toyester the higher is your wanted level
the wanted level increases the police detection rate by 0,01% based on how high your level is (so if you’re level 100 then the police detection rate will be 1%), but increases your money gain and Toyester will give you missions based on your wanted level

1 Like

This is a good idea. But I think this character needs to be named ‘Solomon’, ‘Silver’ or ‘Silvester’ not ‘Toyester’.

Or what about a anonymous person?

Maybe try and incorporate this into the story line

If it’s an Anonymous person, he needs to be named ‘Solomon’ :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree.

The pressures piled on then i guess @Today, @CrumpDev

@iSenzo so what would you say is the easiest way to make this “database” then?

@Rex0099 if you need to keep and change a lot of informations then I would use array.
At first launch of game just load from json, but if players saves game and things are changed in array then download (as json code) it into your save system (web storage or local storage, idk what are you using). With every load just require array to load data from save system.