Screen goes white then black when i launch the game

Hi, i did a quick search of the forums and the FAQ but couldn’t find anything on this. Basically when i launch the game the music comes on and my screen goes white then black i can move my mouse around and i get the noises notifications when i mouse over something but the screen is still black. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I’m having this issue as well, except it stays black. The music and mouseover sounds still work, and I can still interact with menus I can’t see. I’m running a 7970M AMD graphics card on a 1920x1080 resolution on Windows 7, if that helps. (also I’m just trying to run the demo, haven’t bought the full version yet)

Im also on a laptop if that somehow makes a difference, Also im running the full game i also tried the demo but i get the same problem.

Same problem over here too.

Win8
Demo version

This issue seems to be related to laptops running AMD mobile cards, at least i fixed the issue on mine. I am running windows 7 on a Clevo P150EM laptop with an Intel 3610qm CPU and an AMD 7970m graphics card too.

I fixed it by going into the catalyst control center, and setting the game dev tycoon application to “power saving”, so that it runs from the integrated intel HD4000 graphics card. Then the game runs just fine.

If the application is set to “high performance” the game runs on the 7970m card, and the screen goes black for some reason. Perhaps the developers can fix this in a future patch :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Much thanks Columbo! This fixed the problem.