[REL] National Stock Exchange [1.1.0]

This mod is no longer under development. I highly advise you to use the Financial Services mod as it contains more features than this mod.

XDbhe.jpg

So yeah… I’ve gone through bunch of topics with ideas for the game, and I’ve seen multiple stating that it should be possible put your company up on the stock market. So that’s what I did, but I didn’t just stop there. I’ve added a stock exchange to the game, where you can’t just sell your company’s shares, but also have the ability to buy bonds (I will most likely implement a method to sell bonds in a later stage)!
As of now, this mod is pretty much complete. I might add one or two things based on your suggestions and do some small bug fixing if necessary, but for the most part it’s finished. I am, however, planning on reviewing and redoing the dividend calculation and the amount of shares you can sell.

Features:

• The ability to sell your company shares to unknown investors in order to finance your upcoming projects.
  • You can only sell shares once every 5 ingame years, however. You will also have to keep in mind that you have to pay your shareholders dividend every year.
  • The ability to buy bonds from fictitious companies, on which you receive interest upon repayment
  • How does this work?
    The mod is very simple. Once you have unlocked the 3rd office, AND have 75 million in capital, the National Stock Exchange will be unlocked for you, which you can then accessby pressing anywhere on the screen and selecting National Stock Exchange. From here you can select how many shares you wish to sell. Each share has it’s own value, which is based on your current capital. Once you have selected the amount of shares you want to sell and have eventually sold them, you will receive an immediate cash injection. Every year you will have to pay your shareholders dividend, which ranges between 11,5% and 18,5% of the valuation of all of your shares sold (this is subject to review, however). In case you have a lot of capital and wish to cut down on your yearly costs, you have the ability to buy all your shares back. This is, however, very costly, as you buy back every single share you have sold. (which can be a lot later in the game).
    In the case that you want to buy a bond instead, you can scroll down to the bond market and select a bond to buy. Each button (bond) indicates the (fictitious) company you are going to buy the bond from, the price of the bond, the interest rate you will receive and the time it will take for them to repay you fully. Each year you will receive a portion of your repayment with interest.

Images
    Menu1
    Menu2
    Notification1
    Notification2
    Notification3

Availability
    This mod is available in the Steam Workshop. You can also download it here (version 1.0.1).

Changelog
    Major bugfix. You will no longer be able to access the NSE from the start of the game (as I intended it to be from the beginning), nor will it show up as R&D research anymore. In order to unlock the NSE, you need to be at level 3 (3rd office) and have 75 million in cash.
    The mod does not require UltimateLib after this update.

Bugfix. The game will resume again once the NSE screen has been exited. .

Initial release

Known bugs:

• None
    3 Likes

ooh. shiny.

1 Like

Another great advanced mod
    (clap clap clap)

1 Like

Not bad. Mrdewdew approves.

1 Like

Naiccc
    But I don’t like the part when you need to sell your shares after 5 years… it’s too long. It could be… 1 day?

The reason I’ve done it like this is to prevent people from abusing it: if you were able to constantly sell shares, it’d be a pretty infinite source of funds. To prevent this from happening, I’ve put in a 5 year interval between each time you can sell shares.

1 Like

But those shares should be limited… right? Like you can sell 10%, up to 90%.

I don’t quite understand what you’re saying. In reality there is no real limitation on the amount of shares you can emit, though businesses don’t sell an unrealistic amount as they would have to pay a :green_heart:load in dividend.

nice job. Regarding your known bug.

If you are using gdDialog to show the window, you just have to specify onClose and call GameManager.resume(true):

dlg.gdDialog({
    	close: true,
    	onClose: function () {
    		GameManager.resume(true);
    	}
    });

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@PatrickKlug is there a way to fix the known bug manually? instead of waiting for @Pastract to fix it in the new version unless he has it already fixed to showcase it.

Works like a charm! I could have sworn I tried that before though… oh well. Will be rolling out an update soon.

1 Like