[REL] Expansion Pack for Game Dev Tycoon

Nobody ever had this issue before you it’s a problem on your end. It might be caused by a different mod and/or you have done something wrong to cause the game crashing. Try reloading the game.

there is nothing new under the sun :sunrise:

@DzjengisKhan Hey dude ! I use your mod for a long time now, and as the french translation of the game will soon be finished, I was wondering if you could let me translate it in french. Of course I would not release it myself, but send it translated to you.
Best regards

You’re allowed to translate the mod to French if you want. We most likely will not update anymore on the Expansion Pack so there will not have to be more updates on the translation. You can send it to us when you’re done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So why did you guys decide to stop modding? Seemed to be going very well form what i can see. Did you guys just get bored of it?

No.
@Venomous, this happened.

Congrats to 30K views :slight_smile: The most viewed thread on this forum!

2 Likes

@yutterh, Well a bit of both actually. I was getting a bit bored of modding, but that was probably caused by @Venomous stealing my code. And after he got band and everything settled, I never got the motivation back to pick up modding again.

@alphabit, thank mate!! I would never thought the mod would became so huge :smiley: And I really think you’re doing an amazing job on mods and deserve the same amount of views ^^

2 Likes

Please @DzjengisKhan return modding :smile:

1 Like

@DzjengisKhan Ever since you quit modding, I started to doubt myself as a Game modder… If you are truly NEVER returning to modding, Give someone else the rights to edit and update this mod. I want to see this thing through… ever since we made the first version… and you quitting on this… It makes it feel wrong to use it.

Question, is Grapple supposed to release their computer in the first Year or is that bug? :? I’m a bit new to Game Dev, and its mods. :'D

@ronx46 You’re still free to use it, otherwise DzjengisKhan would’ve deleted the download link. He will only be more happy if you use it then if you don’t, even because he stopped modding (for now).

@SMAK Yes, it is supposed to be released in the first year of your new playthrough/save. :wink:

@LineLiar Aha. Yea. :'D I realized once I figured out Mac was released in the 1980’s I am dumb lmao. Ty tho.

Custom genres should be in a beta mode soon. Just fixed a bug where it didn’t add new values to topics added by mod :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know that you probably already have beta testers, but, if there’s any open space, can you let me occupy it?

To be honest, I don’t really have any ‘registered’ beta tester. I think I’m just going to provide an extra download link to a mediafire file and make it sort of a snapshot (like minecraft does).

That way everyone is able to test it and I get the most feedback (hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, more feedback, less bugs on the final version :smiley:

I have 3 ideas:

Add the the option to hire someone to do some part of the work instead of your team

For example, in action games, you don’t put any Story/Quests so you can hire someone to do the Story/Quest so your team can focus on the others factors. Obviously 7 people (with a full office) do a better work than just one so, if you hire someone to do the Gameplay on a Action game your game is going to be crap.

Ideas to implement the first idea:

• Add levels to the people you hire
  • Add possibility that him could not finish the thing that he were hired for before the Game Dev ends so you have to wait more to launch your game
  • Maybe add the name of famous people

Second idea:

Add the option to do a special edition of your game, the development of this game will last for less time and it sell based on development and the time you wait to do this special edition.

And after you launch like, 2 sequels to a game add the option to make a game pack with this games

Third Idea:

Add the option to click a button and make this game the last game of your franchise, this game will have much more hype but, if you launch a sequel to this game, the people will hate you and say that all your company wants is money

That’s a really cool idea, but when would the player be able to select wether they want to hire someone?? Would that be at the screen with the sliders?

After the player click to start the game development he will be able to select who he wants to hire and for what function

P.S: I added two ideas to my list