[QUE]Using others code?

no, just credit a random modder for a random part of the mod code that you already written. and I am done stealing code. @kristof1104

Wait what, you believe you wrote the price part yourself?
Or you still don’t get the point of this thread, cuz if you do read my reply again:

thats not what i meant at all. @Jari

So you’re gonna give credit to someone for code that you have written?
Why in hell would you do that?

Then you’re gonna have to be a bit more clear, because I have no idea what you mean.
You’re acting really childish.

to make it easier for me to credit them in the future when I borrow code from them. @kristof1104

You Can’t borrow code without asking first that’s still stealing :slight_smile:
So Still don’t get it…

1 Like

I will ask first before borrowing, since @DzjengisKhan and I are now friends again

1 Like

You still have to ask permission before putting in code and credits.

Well ‘friends’ is a big word. I hope we can just get along with eachother now. ^^

What if I were to write code that purely coincidentally is the same as code someone else has written?

Well, some things can just be the same. Like topics. Some topics can be in different mods.

That’s not a problem because you didn’t copy and paste it from an other mod but you took time to make it.

You win this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

But how would anyone know :stuck_out_tongue:

I will always win from you @LineLiar ^^

Well… you probably will get contacted about this. In this case it was the price modification which was an exclusive and he had the exact same code like a couple of hours later. That’s not coincidence. :wink:

@Teelo some things are really obvious when they are stolen. Like @Venomous stole my price code, I could easily see that it was stolen. But for some things it’s just a bit different. And I think people won’t be really mad at you for using the same topic, since that’s just a small thing. It’s more about the big codes like events, and special things.

Subtle troll… hehe
But yea, that’s not possible, everyone does things their own way. (why am I even answering this)

1 Like

Hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a debate I remember when I did computer science at uni. In reality there was only so many ways you could write a class that expands the Java Queue class to turn it into a PriorityQueue. With a class of two hundred students, it wasn’t surprising that a couple of students’ code ended up looking really similar…

1 Like