Piracy event occurring in game bought via Steam

Hi.

I understand you guys introduced the piracy events to frustrate people who pirate your game.

That’s all well and good, but I bought your game via Steam a number of years ago.

At the end of 2015 due to a PSU blow up I had to rebuild my home PC, which involved also re-installing my drives.

Just this past hour or so I decided to re-play your game.

When it first started up I got a thankyou message from the devs/you guys - which was strange since I’ve played it a good number of hours over the years … but, oh well. And just now after having moved to the first office, hired my first few employees, and taken my first publishing contract, I got a piracy event message - which I’ve never received before, so I’m assuming is part of the code you put in for pirated copies.

So … for some reason … your code is identifying me as a pirate of your game, when I’m not.

What do I do?

Edit:
When I created the forum account it indicated you have access to my email. Feel free to email me directly.

I can send you a screenshot of my Steam library list if you need proof that I bought the game through Steam.

2nd edit:
I did a verify game files throught the Steam UI and the piracy events don’t seem to have continued. It did find 1 file that needed to be downloaded again. Don’t know if that was the cause. Bit weird, this is the 3rd game in the last month or so that the ‘verify’ option has identified as needing corrections.

The piracy event does appear in the normal edition of the game. The difference between the two editions is your options for resolving the event. If you have a legit copy, you can choose your course of action, whereas if you have a pirated version, you have no choice but to accept the event and slowly go bankrupt.

Basically 1 button (‘Oh well’) means you have a pirate copy, whereas 2 buttons (‘Sue them’ or ‘Warn them’) is the legit version.

2 Likes

Aaah, well then, nevermind : ) all is good.