OS Tycoon - Plethora Studios

I know, I know, there are quite a few topics like this on these forums, but I just want the communities feedback!
My game is this: OS Developer.
You start in the 80/90s, and have to compete with companies such as Macrohard (Microsoft) and Banana (Apple) (I know there bad names, but I might change them :P) and you can do the following:
Make an OS (You can customize it with a series of dropdowns and things and then you drag them to put them in the place that looks the best for you) make custom software for the OS, research new things, upgrade your HC (My version of a PC… :P) ((Its a H cause of my last name)) and do news articles for the newspapers (If they ask you to) or online.
Once you’ve made a name for yourself, you can then get a larger team, once you have 4 people (Including your self) you can then get a bigger office and hire micro teams to help out and so on and so forth :wink:
I am not asking for help, but if you want to, then that’s fine :smile:
The only thing I may need help with is the coding, as I can’t code that well :frowning:

Concept Art (Graphics may be changed, probs not though…)

The Software Maker :slight_smile:

Updates

Heya guys! Just to tell you, the project is NOT dead :smiley:

We are currently working hard on graphics and ideas, and we will be starting the coding very soon!
The crew working on the game is:
@Resinex112
@Killertoad
@DzjengisKhan (Yeap, that’s right, DzjengisKhan!!!)
@apljee
@Aswin_Vos
That is all the game making people, and there are quite a few testers lined up!
Also, people can make videos of this game once it is released and/or in Alpha/Beta, closed or open! People will be aloud to make money from advertisement on YouTube!
The game will cost ÂŁ10, $14,99 and 11.99 euros, though these prices may change depending on the outcome of the game!
-Resinex

9 Likes

So, this isnt mod for GDT.

In what language will you write in, and when do I can expect, to that game will be released?

Sorry, no, this isn’t a mod,
And it will be in JavaScript :smile:

Also, the game should be hopefully out next year, but I don’t know. I can’t guess as I am only in the planning stages :wink:

I know something about JavaScript, (and little about HTML) and I have plenty of ideas, so I can help you with some things.

And I like this types of games, so im little excited :smile: .

1 Like

Awesome!! I am currently designing the system for creating the OS (Not coding ATM though,) so I will post a picture of it once it’s done :slight_smile:

Defualt? Defualt font, cursors. I think you mean default

Lol, yeah :smile:

That’s not the finished one though, that’s just a quick one so I now what it looks like and so do you :smiley:

Okay, thats fast-made example, so… It dont muste be perfect, but I have question.In what program will You make that game?

Well, I will either:
Make it form scratch using notepad and stuff
The free version of Unity
Or a JavaScript program (I think Dreamweaver works with it)
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

You should probably code in JS, if you’re making a game like this. I can do some better art styling, but I have better parody names than you do, so my art will look different than what your company names describe.

I think the JavaScripts programs, are best.

Sounds good to me :smile:

I mean, I am by far the best graphics artist though :stuck_out_tongue:

So, this game will be made in Dreamweaver and/or another program for JS

Ok, there is HTML too, but its easier than JS, and I dont think there are better programs for games like this.

I hope You know how to make something in Dreamweaver…

Sort of, it’s been a while
But I’m a fast learner, :wink:

If you’d like, here’s some of the art I made.
(Micro being the larger measurement in the metric system than Nanometers)

(Pear being the opposite to Apple in my mind.)

1 Like

These are awesome :smiley:

I especially like the Nano Soft one, and I was actually considering calling Windows Doors… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Vinux = Linux

A sample Menu :stuck_out_tongue: thought it looks quite cool.

(P.S. The plethora part is just a place holder:P )

1 Like