Official Mod Code Error Thread - For Mod Users

Heya Guys!

What this thread is NOT for; Mod Authors with an error caused by a mod in their game. :computer:

Please note that if you are a Mod Author and need help with an error please use this thread;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/official-mod-code-error-thread-for-mod-authors/11886

What this thread IS for; Users with errors. :video_game:

Please note that if you are a mod user and have an error caused by a specific mod then please report that error on the specific mod thread. You can use the handy search function of the forum (Top right eye glass) or the Official Mod list;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/the-official-community-mod-list/12466

If you are not sure which mod is causing your error then please post it here using the following format to allow our advanced modders the best opportunity of helping you!

• Which OS you are using? e.g. Mac 10.7.5 // Win 7 Sp1
  • Which Version of Game Dev Tycoon you are running? e.g. 1.3.9.
  • Which Edition are you using? Steam, Windows Store or Standard?
  • Have you used any mods or Save game editors? If so, which ones?
  • What does the error message say?

Also before reporting an error please check the following;

• The mod API is included and updated
  • UltimateLib is updated if required
  • You’ve installed “Better Error Handling” by @Jari

If anyone has any feedback or ideas to make this thread more ‘Mod User Friendly’ then please let me know via PM.
Any off topic chat in this thread will be deleted.

Got this error Right at the start rror Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘releaseWeek’ of null (file:///G:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:257) Please restart the game.

Enabled Mods: [“gdt-modAPI”,“UltimateLib”,“CAMELOT-EXP-PACK”,“ExpPackMod”,“InfoStatsMod-AbescoUG”,“TweakMod-AbescoUG”]

Any Ideas on this one?

The error is caused by the game itself not any mods

I think it’s with the game, maybe a reinstall will work

Actually some mods can cause game logic to screw up, and that’s usually why those errors show up. Can you disable all mods and re-enable them one by one to find out which one makes it appear?

2 Likes

Been trying to get that error to come up again with different combinations of the mods and different settings with no avail. It seems to be quite elusive.
One note though, when this came up I just started work on my first game engine just after I moved into the office, got the prompt to move as soon as I started the game with 100m just for LULZ, every other time I have started the game with enough to move straight away the prompt didn’t come up for at least 2 min. May have been that it was out of order, Seen some pretty weird stuff because things happened out of order, just a thought.

2 Likes

By the looks of it a mod that you have enabled is causing the error to happen, just test each mod on its own and then you may be able to source out the problem and then contact the mod author.

1 Like

If you have conflicting mods, (mods that change the same things) this error usually occurs. I suggest you delete all your mods, and enable them one by one. If it still doesn’t work, re-install the game.

1 Like

If you want something to do, you could test out mod-compatibility. I’m sure the developers would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

After modding the game I started a new company. When I started to make a game, and finished the “idea” screen (the screen where you choose the topic and all that), the game just froze and had my monthly expenses in the corner (which is how I noticed that it was freezing). I started a new game and any pop-up events would be blank, even though I already fixed that glitch, and was stuck there, raging
 Any help?

A screenshot would be nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @GaLmHDisdabest

If you are not sure which mod is causing your error then please post it here using the following format to allow our advanced modders the best opportunity of helping you!

• Which OS you are using? e.g. Mac 10.7.5 // Win 7 Sp1
  • Which Version of Game Dev Tycoon you are running? e.g. 1.3.9.
  • Which Edition are you using? Steam, Windows Store or Standard?
  • Have you used any mods or Save game editors? If so, which ones?
  • What does the error message say?

First of all, i tried to reinstall the games 2 times so that won’t help. Now to the problem. When i start the game it acts just as it should, but when i try to verify things like clicking ANY buttons (ex. after writing my company name and name) errors like “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘isCustom’ of null”. Sometimes other things than “isCustom”.
On top of that alot of buttons go invisible but when i hover the mouse over the place where the button should be i can see how my mouse icon changes and shows that i can click on the place, but nothing happens.
I have 2 mods installed: Info stats mod and expansion pack (the game can’t pick it up though)
and ultimate lib.

I would really appreciate any help i can get!
Sorry if my text is confusing, english isn’t my first language.

Post a snapshot of your mods folder please

Is your expansion pack mod folder called “GDT-Expansion-Pack-master”? If so, you have to rename it to “GDT-Expansion-Pack” to make it work. If that doesn’t solve the problem, please post a screenshot of your mods folder like @KizzaGaming said.

Errors related to isCustom are usually caused by mods. Try disabling all mods and re-enabling them one by one to see which one is causing them. Remember to always start a new savegame when re-enabling, because those errors can also show up when you disable a mod and load a savegame that you played before with it enabled.

2 Likes

Ah I solved it
 It was just that i missed to activate the Ultimate Library (thought i had it activated). I activated it and restarted the game and everything went smooth. Thank you for the answers!

hello

I have a problem when I start the game it displays UncaughtTypeError: Cannot read property ‘is custum’ of null
I use window 7 and steam
What I can do thanks

are you using any mods?

1 Like

yes but I have already unistalled and reinstalled without mods and still doesn’t work
I have installed mod UltimateLib,SuperConsoles, savebackup, platform-randomiser, percentager, gdt-modAPI, GDT-Expansion-Pack-master, dmultiplayer, camelot, AchievementsandConsoles and CM pack

uninstalling mods does not remove errors that are were introduced by mods into a save file. From the error message this very much seems like a mod error.