Official Mod Code Error Thread - For Mod Authors

Heya Guys!

What this thread is NOT for; Users with an error caused by a mod in their game. :video_game:

Please note that if you are a mod user and have an error caused by a specific mod then please report that error on the specific mod thread. You can use the handy search function of the forum (Top right eye glass) or the Official Mod list;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/the-official-community-mod-list/12466

What this thread IS for; Mod Authors with Code errors. :computer:

This is the place for the rest of the community to get help with their code errors.
Please use the following format to allow our advanced modders the best opportunity of helping you!

• Intended Objective:
  • Paste bin of the code:
  • Error Thrown: (UL Recently implements copy and pastable error code to make this a lot easier too)

If anyone has any feedback or ideas to make this thread more ‘Mod Author Friendly’ then please let me know via PM.
Any off topic chat in this thread will be deleted.

Credits and Thanks to @SirEverard who helped me put this thread together. :trophy:

7 Likes

I Keep getting this error it says
Error
Could No Parse package.json: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Dev Tycoon/mods/KrataxxModsInstuff/package.json:SyntaxError:

1 Like

could you post the contents of the .json file?

1 Like
{

"id":"f895e51f-4e5b-4b61-8c25-e212a78cb284",
	"name":"KrataxxModsInstuff",
	"version":"1.0.2a",
	"author":"KrataxxGamer",
	"url":"http://www.youtube.com/KingOfRoblox1",
	"description":"UltimateModEditor for GameDevTycoon generated Expansion Module. Powered by UltimateLib 
This Modpack Adds a New Platform.
UpComing Features-
5 New Platforms
15 New Researchs
10 New Topics
Hey i need a Artist to make Console Art
PM Me if your intrested 
ALL GRAPHICS ARE NOT FINAL",
	"main":"./main.js",
	"dependencies":{
		"gdt-modAPI":"0.1.x",
			"UltimateLib":"1.3.x"
		}

}
1 Like

I’d guess that the multi-line description is the issue. Try to use a single line with no line-breaks and it should work.

1 Like

I’m getting this error when I load my mod up. I’m using the UME and UltimateLib API. I know the source of it and what’s causing it (The new RnD research) but I want know the solution on how to fix it. Here’s the error:

and here’s the RnD code:

UltimateLib.Research.addRndResearch({
    id: “c2afdc3f-25da-49d5-8fd1-23c6d730558d”,
    name: “Procedural Coding”,
    pointsCost: 5000,
    iconUri: “./mods/GDTReloaded/images/researches/lab/Procedural.png”,
    description: “Procedural Coding. Unlock new doors for games  that could have infinite worlds, and items!”,
    canResearch: function () {
                            var res = true;
                            res &= GameManager.company.flags.rndLabUnlocked;
                        return res;
                },
    repeatable: false,
    targetZone: 2,
    complete: function () {
            var research =  Research.getAllItems().filter(function
(f) { return f.id === ‘c2afdc3f-25da-49d5-8fd1-23c6d730558d’;  });
            if(research){
                GameManager.company.researchCompleted.push(research);
                // Notification
                var notification = new Notification({
    header: “Procedural Coding Research Complete”,
    text: “You’ve complete research for procedural coding!”,
    image: “./mods/GDTReloaded/images/notifications/Procedural.png”,
    buttonText: “OK”,
    weeksUntilFired: 0
    });

1 Like

If you have problems / errors with projects created using the UME, please PM me by providing a link to a downloadable version of the .UME file, so that I can eventually take a look at it.

Please use as a PM subject the following:
[UME] Error in NAME_OF_YOUR_MOD

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from A bad mod plz HELPP:

I just released my SECOND mod for almost 1 day and when i release my 2nd mod. @VVolf commented that theres a error/bug in my mod. Here’s the error.

*Error Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘experience’ of null
(file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1661)
Please restart the game.Enabled Mods:
[“gdt-modAPI”,“UltimateLib”,"ULTRAENGINERESEARCH *

ULTRAENGINERESEARCH is my 2nd mod. @tmch commented on @VVolf’s topic about my mod has a error.

@tmch - It’s actually code of the game which is erroring. Try a clean save game and see if it also works without that mod.

And @Jediwolf comment.

@Jediwolf - Moste UME mods that use anything other than Topics will crash the game, like mine. I am not sure.

Also @apljee

@apljee - @Jediwolf It’s not UME that’s causing it. I looked at the code, and as @tmch
said it’s an error caused on line 1661 of codeNw.js. It’s a GDT error, I
suppose. Although ULTRAENGINERESEARCH might be clashing with some code
into the main game, causing this little conflict. That’s my only guess.

NEXT LINE
@apljee - It doesn’t necessarily mean that - I’m just guessing that it might
be your mod, because gdt-modAPI is developed by GHG and obviously
wouldn’t cause errors now, all the sudden. UltimateLib might have bugs
but it still wouldn’t cause a game crash. And @LineLiar no, it doesn’t - it just adds engine researches.

I think thats it. Comment below if you just wanna help me debug this bug or it’s a UME Bug.

Error Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘experience’ of null (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1661) Please restart the game.Enabled Mods: [“gdt-modAPI”,“UltimateLib”,"ULTRAENGINERESEARCH

My mod is new @VVolf the mod is In alpha. Meaning bugs might occur. Can anyone tell what this error mean??

@kingofblox360 i reset the game n redownload the mod n the same error so what now?

It’s actually code of the game which is erroring. Try a clean save game and see if it also works without that mod.

you have to start a new game. If your using some alpha mods on a saved game. it might cause a error. Try start a new game noh? :wink:

Moste UME mods that use anything other than Topics will crash the game, like mine. I am not sure. @apljee

How and why?? :no_mouth:

@Jediwolf It’s not UME that’s causing it. I looked at the code, and as @tmch said it’s an error caused on line 1661 of codeNw.js. It’s a GDT error, I suppose. Although ULTRAENGINERESEARCH might be clashing with some code into the main game, causing this little conflict. That’s my only guess.

So thats means. My mod is conflicting the GDT JavaScript Code??

Does your mod add consoles?

It doesn’t necessarily mean that - I’m just guessing that it might be your mod, because gdt-modAPI is developed by GHG and obviously wouldn’t cause errors now, all the sudden. UltimateLib might have bugs but it still wouldn’t cause a game crash. And @LineLiar no, it doesn’t - it just adds engine researches.

Nope. only my first mod a.k.a SlimeAcro Consoles. This only adds some MOAR engine researches.