Major Lag problems

I don’t know why but my game has started lagging and lagging for no reason, used to i would have lag only on the last office but now it’s all the time, i deleted all of the mods i downloaded hoping that was the problem, but it didn’t fix it, then i uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that didn’t work.
(as i said used to i didn’t have any lag with the game on this computer until i reached the final office and then it was minor)

D you use an antivirus?How much RAM you have?

I use Avast and I have 32 GBs of RAM

What has changed?

We haven’t made any changes to the game recently. Since it worked before the likely cause of this is something on your system that recently changed. Did you upgrade your graphics driver? Install some new app?

what the :hankey:

Maybe you have some really heavy apps in the background?

like Chrome
joke

yeah Intel and NVIDIA have both updated recently.

I have a DxDiag made if that’ll help

Lag can have many causes. Some very common causes of lag are:

• Defrag Running in the background (very common with Windows 7 and 8)
  • Too many junk running processes for “fluff” applications, often a form of greyware.
  • Antivirus scans running in the background.
  • Not defragging the hard drives regularly.
  • Some of the paid heavy duty antivirus suites with “Real Time” protection. Scan everything that is active and will cause massive slowdowns.
  • No sound card. Having a sound card actually reduces pressure on the CPU by taking the strain. Having a sound card will give you more fps in many games. Even a cheap one.
  • An undiagnosed problem with hardware such as bad sectors on your hard drive or a very old PSU which is almost out of power. An overheated GPU/Chip is a very very very common cause of lag. Check the temperatures regularly.
  • I get many reports of people with full hard drives having problems and
    strange behaviour, often they have their OS and all programs on one drive and the drive is more than 95% full. They then add external hard drives or extra internal ones but leave their main hard drive full. Please make sure that you have plenty of free space on your C drive.
  • Using a beta GPU driver, or using very new drivers on a very old card. Both of these can result in sub par performance or strange behaviour.

Also if you unistalled the mods from the save game be sure to start a brand new game. As removing mods from an active save game will make matters much worse.