[Linux] Linux version crash

the working directory in /tmp/ is cleaned up as soon as you stop the game. That’s why you have to rename the file while the game is still running. (so yes, that is also why this is a temporary workaround)

I get that, but I’m not even seeing the /tmp/ subdirectory while the game is running.

It is a hidden file, you may need to enable viewing of hidden files.

That might be because the directory is hidden. do an ls -la on /tmp , you will see a bunch of .org.chromium.Chromium.*** directories. One of these is your current working dir.

Holy hell, that was it. Thanks for helping me stumble to the solution, everyone. I appreciate it!

Aloha to all.

I wrote a tiny script, that would do the manual fix for you.

I wrote it under Ubuntu Linux 12.04 but it should work on ALL Linuxes.
Python runs under Mac OS X too, but I cant test it.

Thanks for the script. It generates an error for me though: (Ubuntu 13.04)

$./gameDevTycoonFixer.py 
./gameDevTycoonFixer.py: Zeile 4: Syntaxfehler beim unerwarteten Wort `newline'
./gameDevTycoonFixer.py: Zeile 4: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
$

What can i do to fix this? Best regards!

Maybe easier to check Bugs in the Linux version for further help on this and the problems mentioned in that thread

@haukew you can either try the shell script I posted or the workaround jon posted in that thread

Had to change my post!

You may be tried to laod the file by right klicking it.
Thats NOT the way it works.
You loaded a HTML-Document.
I make a little note for normal users :wink:

(sorry I am way to familiar with this stuff to think this could be a problem :wink:

Hi, is there a way to create a script -> python gameDevTycoonFixer.py && gksudo gamedevtycoon ?

There is a script in the other thread I linked. You can even change it to use the python script @bison created. I would rather suggest that you wait for the updated deb/tar.gz that will be released soon™. Whatever you do I strongly suggest not running software with gksudo/sudo if you don’t know what you are doing. It runs the program as root, which is neither needed in this case nor helpfull.
Check here for when the new linux version is released: New version being worked on

NEVER use sudo when you dont know, what the script/program does.

Anyway, I followed your “suggestion” and the scipt can launch the game, when it is in the same directory.
See modified README for details :wink:

thanks for using my dirty fix ^^

The game is so damn much fun that I could not wait and I could not let others wait.
Thats why I made it.
Currently adding more features to my workaround script… whats going on?!

Maybe a misunderstanding here. My response was mainly for @Tisse. Only linked your name inside it so he/she knew which python script I refered to.
Btw. if you are bored you could even let your script repackage the game with the renamed image file the way @jon mentioned in the other thread.

Thats a little bit oversized.
I mean, the patch is on the way (with other bugfixes!) and it is a whole lot harder to figure out, what I have to do with this *.pak file, or repacking the files back into somewhere and so on.

And it is not like SimCity where they had to rewrite the whole game to get these “heavy” calculations back to the desktop… I mean to change 2 LINES of code to break the always online DRM.
"… rewrite the whole game my ass… "

(thats what she is saying :wink:

Sorry, I were a SimCity fan back then.

So my point is, thats not really needed :wink:

Uhm … no, it isn’t. If you read @jon post and the site he linked he tells you exactly what to unpack. I just guessed you were bored because of your previous statement:

Just for shits and giggles, get the tar.gz file from your payment link, unpack it, change into the directory and then:

unzip -d gdt gamedevtycoon
cd gdt
mv images/superb/level2Desk.png images/superb/level2desk.png
zip -r ../gdt.nw *
cat nw gdt.nw > gamedevtycoon
chmod +x gamedevtycoon
rm -r gdt gdt.nw nw

Aaaaand if you even want an updated version of node-webkit you first go to node-webkit on github download the appropriate version (32/64 bit, linux) unpack the fles into the same directory you unpacked the tar.gz in and after you ran the commands you even got an updated node-webkit.

Looks like you know already how to do it ^^
So, why not just doing it?

I’m lazy :wink: aaand with your py script you could probably go even more over the top. Checking which arch the script is run on, downloading the fitting node-webkit automatically, etc. :smile:

We have updated the packages. Please try them out:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/linux-v1-3-8-updated-packages/2681

Thanks