I'm so, so, SO SORRY Minecraft fans, but

last year alone mojang made 100 million dollars from minecraft

1 Like

I just hate being associated with the average player when I play. I’m not the one calling myself “AwesomeGamer” on Minecraft with headphones on my skin. That pisses me off. I used to play Minecraft when it was smaller, but now I dont play it honestly. I just have no interest in being surrounded by complete idiots who doesn’t know the difference between Java and JavaScript. Well, bad example. Who dont know the difference between OpenGL and DirectX.

The majority probably wont cope with that level of knowledge even.

1 Like

Microsoft already has “enough”

1 Like

I don’t see why everyone thinks Microsoft buying Mojang is a bad thing? What has Microsoft done that makes them so bad? Oh that’s right, nothing? Haha

They are not gonna ruin the game, nor change it so much that people will not wanna play it anymore. That’d be stupid, why would they waste 2.5Bil on a game, just to nose dive it into the ground? Oh wait, they won’t do that.

It’s a good thing, means better support, probably better optimization, and no, they are not gonna take it off any platforms, they’ve already said they won’t, and anyways, why would they? That’d only lose them money. Which I can promise you 100%, that they are in the business to make money, not lose it.

2 Likes

Errr they just bought em today

1 Like

Yeah, but everyone keeps saying Microsoft ruins everything they buy, I wanna know what all they have ruined?

1 Like

Couldn’t they have used that money for better research in technology for future projects that they have? Now that would’ve been a great investment money but let them do as they please.

1 Like

I don’t know if they will change it much but @Dayron1234 they are gonna be getting money from the game itself plus people using Realms and all the merchandise they sell.

The way Minecraft is built as long as they keep doing some updates and keep it compatible with Operating systems to me I’m guessing they could keep making a good profit off it for 10-20 years maybe much much longer.

1 Like

As long as mojang keeps it’s members, i reckon it’ll be fine, i don’t see why it’s so bad. i would understand if EA bought them. I personally don’t think Microsoft is a bad company. Just means mojang will probably become a money printing machine for microsoft

2 Likes

SOMEONE REMEMBERS

3 Likes

Have an example: Rare.

2 Likes

If you want to know. Playstation (1) got more popular than the original Xbox when it first came out.

Xbox One? More like… erm… i dunno i’m terrible at this

RAAAAAAAARE

4 Likes

I totally understand why its fine to be off topic in my topics but not in your :slight_smile:

1 Like

about 100 million people

1 Like

Forums have been unstable lately.

3 Likes

they are NOT taking it from my little playstation 3 and 4

I will rip their throats out if they do

2 Likes

What’s so bad about that? Only things I’ve heard about them, is that some people didn’t like the new games?

1 Like

Cause they were terrible compared to the ones developed alongside Nintendo

2 Likes

Rareware had Banjo Threeie in early development but had to cancel due to the buy-out because someone at Nintendo didn’t re-sign them in time.

If you look at the difference between what they made under Nintendo and what they did under Microsoft, there’s almost no resemblance or comparison. It’s also partly Rareware’s fault for losing their vision of game making by trying to adapt to the new trends of gaming.

2 Likes

How much money will Microsoft lose or gain from the Minecraft buyout? Place your bets now.

Winner gets bragging rights redeemable for -$3.