I'm so, so, SO SORRY Minecraft fans, but

Couldn’t they have used that money for better research in technology for future projects that they have? Now that would’ve been a great investment money but let them do as they please.

1 Like

I don’t know if they will change it much but @Dayron1234 they are gonna be getting money from the game itself plus people using Realms and all the merchandise they sell.

The way Minecraft is built as long as they keep doing some updates and keep it compatible with Operating systems to me I’m guessing they could keep making a good profit off it for 10-20 years maybe much much longer.

1 Like

As long as mojang keeps it’s members, i reckon it’ll be fine, i don’t see why it’s so bad. i would understand if EA bought them. I personally don’t think Microsoft is a bad company. Just means mojang will probably become a money printing machine for microsoft

2 Likes

SOMEONE REMEMBERS

3 Likes

Have an example: Rare.

2 Likes

If you want to know. Playstation (1) got more popular than the original Xbox when it first came out.

Xbox One? More like… erm… i dunno i’m terrible at this

RAAAAAAAARE

4 Likes

I totally understand why its fine to be off topic in my topics but not in your :slight_smile:

1 Like

about 100 million people

1 Like

Forums have been unstable lately.

3 Likes

they are NOT taking it from my little playstation 3 and 4

I will rip their throats out if they do

2 Likes

What’s so bad about that? Only things I’ve heard about them, is that some people didn’t like the new games?

1 Like

Cause they were terrible compared to the ones developed alongside Nintendo

2 Likes

Rareware had Banjo Threeie in early development but had to cancel due to the buy-out because someone at Nintendo didn’t re-sign them in time.

If you look at the difference between what they made under Nintendo and what they did under Microsoft, there’s almost no resemblance or comparison. It’s also partly Rareware’s fault for losing their vision of game making by trying to adapt to the new trends of gaming.

2 Likes

How much money will Microsoft lose or gain from the Minecraft buyout? Place your bets now.

Winner gets bragging rights redeemable for -$3.

Betting for $√(-1)

I Think that Microsoft is too late. Maybe Minecraft solds one copy per ~2 sec (which is really good), but Microsoft bought it for fricking 2.5BILLION DULLARZ!!!
So let’s do really hard math.
Minecraft costs now 19.95E = 25.7 USD
sooooooooooooooo let’s tell how much Microsoft will get within a month:
1 copy sold ~2sec
month = 2,592,000 sec 2,592,000/2 = 1,296,000 copies
blahblah revenueFroMcopies = 1296000*25.7 USD = 33,307,200 USD

Now let’s see how many months it need to be to be to be 2.5B.

derppppp

I played with ma calculator and the closest value was 75 months.
It’s 2.498.040.000 USD.

BUTT

We need to remember, that sales are still falling down, the price can change, the USD and EUR value either, and mainentance costs…

Oh god Microsoft wtf.

BUTT

They can make Minecraft even bigger hit! (lol how) They can make explosion of sales! etc. etc.

EDIT: I counted the sales, just how the counter on minecraft.net says.
First: It’s only an simulation. It gets updated with real stats thought. (Probably Every 12h)
Second: Someday I saw that one copy was sold in 0.5 sec, and today it’s 10 sec. So yeah.

EDIT EDIT:
Oh yeah, I bet that they will get balanced (0$ loss/gain) in like 7 Years.
Maybe.

2 Likes

I’ll bet my car that they will lose 0$ after 3 years
Don’t believe I bet my car?
Here is the proof!

(lol)

5 Likes

What’s so bad about Microsoft? It could be EA, it could be…shivers Disney…Microsoft isn’t as bad as you think.

2 Likes

@Haxor Minecraft does get money from Realms and merchandise they sell too.

If you think about it Minecraft is well known enough that if they stopped selling the game itself right now in 50 years they could still be selling Minecraft character Halloween costumes and things like that.

Just make mincraft 300p and 24 FPS. It gives the most cinematic feeling. #420blazeit

2 Likes