I'm having an error that makes my game unplayable

I get this error every time I load my game and it makes the game unplayable.

I’ve emailed the support email but I haven’t gotten any reply.

1 Like

This is almost always the result of trying to continue a save that had mods enabled before.
Sadly the ‘Enabled mods’ info in the screenshot refers to the mods that are currently enabled and don’t mention mods that were previously enabled.

If you are absolutely sure that you’ve never used any mods on this save, it could be a corrupt save sync.

1 Like

never ever used a mod for the game.

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘isCustom’ of null
at Object.PlatformsSerializer.save (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1801:291)
at eval (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:226:142)
at Array.map (native)
at a.save (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:226:99)
at Object.b.save (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:83:425)
at Object.b.autoSave (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:89:198)
at Window.eval (file:///C:/Users/vc/Desktop/New%20folder/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:159:84)
at Window.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
at Window.init.Window.handleEvent (window_bindings.js:148:13)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:789:26) This is what the problem is I think help me with this…

you did not tell me how to fix it

Have you tried to Verify steam cashe? Along with a game full reinstall? either of them two should fix it

can you tell me how to do that

Load Steam . From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu. Select the “Local Files” tab and click the " Verify integrity of game cache …" button. Steam will verify the game’s files - this process may take several minutes

both of these did not work

TypeError:Cannot read the property’isCustom’ of null

That happens when a game is trying to load something from its files that was not there when the game was started i believe.So basically start a new game without mods, play throgh to the point were the crash happend and if it doesnt happen tell ill guide you further on from there.

this did not work also