If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

While the game is really great, it would be nice, if developed games wouldn’t be taken of the market. It just doesn’t seem realistic to take a best selling game of the market, at all, specially not while it still selling lots of copies.

10 Likes

the ability to license game engines to other companies

4 Likes

Able to team up with other companies. I aim for making a hit game with Ninvento.

3 Likes

Better, more intuitive game scoring algorithm so it’s not frustrating getting a good game trashed for no reason

11 Likes

April Fool’s patch. DLC, etc.

3 Likes

As this is a tycoon it needs this: Charts!

11 Likes

A game, rated from 9.5 -10, shoud be at least 4-5(or even more) Jears in sell.

Just bought Sim City 3000 a week ago… a game from 1998…

7 Likes

More forward facing information. Stuff like the target audiences for consoles, things that training does, etc.

3 Likes

Employee attributes should improve automatically through working and A LOT more through training (than now).

Explanation: Currently you spend tons of RP on training someone of your staff and they will only gain a few points in the desired attribute. It’s RP wasted - much cheaper to just fire / rehire a new employee.

8 Likes

Start off with older systems, like the Atari 2600.

7 Likes

Could also include specific rival companies/people who interact with you with emails/press releases. This would add more personality to sabotaging others.

3 Likes

To be able to release a hit game across multiplatform

12 Likes

Since I play not so long, the mostly missed feature for me is the ability to gain a detailed feedback on the games from the magazines (like irl there should be categories like grafik, sound, gameplay, etc. separately rated).

6 Likes

When selecting T/D distribution, have a list at the right of the previous games you made on that category/topic with their rating and revenue, selecting them sets your sliders to how they were made. This way you can tune your own game recipes and not need to rely on the wiki.

Also a smash hit should affect the console’s marketshare and lifespan (like in real life).

Multi-platform games should be a must, and you can sign contracts with console companies for platform-only games.

7 Likes

A reworked system for how engine parts affect the game making process and the end result (reviews & sales). The way they work now breaks immersion worse than probably anything in the game IMO.

1 Like

A Multiplayer Mode.
I started a new game at the same time my best friend does and we were looking who will have more success with his company.

Would be an awesome thing, if you integrate something like this as an multiplayer-mode in the game.

3 Likes

Dark color theme (for people have problems with eyes, also font size)

1 Like

I want you to do a french patch for a future project, a multiplayer. And its cool that you would do in this game social network for players to be concurrency and make alliances / games together

1 Like

Split Hype over serval games to enable release more games at once or Multiplatform release

2 Likes

Please add Sandbox and Puzzle genres. If you could, it would be amazing!

6 Likes