If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

More customization. I’m thinking color sliders for hair, skin, and clothing, and maybe a simple system where we can design our own, basic little logo to tag on things.

7 Likes

Loving the game. :slight_smile: If I could change one thing, I’d like for additions to game development to be more apparant. Things such as the stuff that pops up on the right side during game development. I often forget to make changes to those, and I feel it’s do to changes being easily skipped. If there was a moment of pause that says something to the effect of “hey man, you didn’t change these from last time. Is that OK?”, I’d remember alot better to make positive changes to my games.

Hope it’s not too long of a post. I’m really enjoying the game so far, and look forward to future developments from you guys! consider this a +1 fan :slight_smile:

Make game engines more intuitive and realistic.

I want competition against previous companies I played.

5 Likes

I would add an option to set your own price for the game

10 Likes

-Buyable computers. speeds up the produce line. instead waiting for the popup we need better computers.

8 Likes

T/D ratio affecting too much review must be fixed

5 Likes

Give the game more depth.

1 Like

Ha ha. The question was to mention “ONE thing” each but now people are listing multiple wants.

2 Likes

I would really like to see an incentive for sequels. If I make a Medieval RPG game that kills it, I should have noticeably higher hype for the next one. Basically an incentive to keep a good thing going.

9 Likes

Create sequels for different platforms/consoles, and that it remembers the name of the prequel and by default adds a “2” behind the original name. Wouldn’t mind if it also remembered the previous slider settings also.

3 Likes

Random names for games (possibly categorized to make random but situationally correct names).

8 Likes

Make dialogue boxes display text instantly, allow us to skip the E3 crowd scene.

3 Likes

The ability to post mortem games. Sometimes I get a game with fresh new engine that tops my current Design and Tech ratings, and yet it gets 1s and 2s from reviewers and the fact that I don’t understand why is bloody infuriating.

17 Likes

The possibility to expand, have another Team (or even more Teams) and develop more games at a Time

7 Likes

fighting game genre. I would love to make own Super Smash Bros!

6 Likes

Stats / grid of my top 10-20 games sortable by rating or income (profit?), and then being able to see what engine you used, and how much you allocated to each game component. (In other words, be able to learn from your success, and know when it’s safe to make a sequel to a successful game.)

9 Likes

I’d love to see some development in the game’s story where consoles/companies invite you to create a series of games and you enter in to a contract also meaning that you can create a game for a console that isn’t out yet so that the game is released on the same day the console is, much like Gran Turismo is with the Playstation consoles etc. If you were to incorporate other Companies as competition it would be an edge over the competition.

2 Likes

shooter topic and more genres relly hope that gets added and to be able to see a rank of best 10 games at any time

1 Like

I wish the market shares for each of the consoles was different so there would be like a new alternate history each game where for example the Vena Gear out-competes the Gameling and Ninvento goes bankrupt.

5 Likes