If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

Random Name Generator.

10 Likes

Add: Add the ability to create development studios that work together (Along the lines of rockstar and itā€™s different game studios)

11 Likes

Rival Studios for me! They could even poach your staff or vice versa

1 Like

A better ui. I need info about slides during game development. I need info about game engines developed. Etcā€¦

6 Likes

I would like to be able to customize the Production Time, for example how long the game should be produced etc

5 Likes

The ability to create different kinds of DLC (map packs, skin packs, ect) and feature microtransactions in games.

10 Likes

Also things like being able to choose the custom hardware you develop and the ability to make different versions of the game and choose what they include (Standard, Special, Limited, that sort of thing) :slight_smile:

1 Like

More randomness in technologies and technology spreadingā€¦ We all know that NES is better than older things and that PC won over C64ā€¦ :clock9:

1 Like

I think the only thing I would do, would be to tell people, at the end of year 30 when the game ā€˜endsā€™ that the game in fact does not end, there are more upgrades to your office etc that you can get. I quit out at the end of year 30 and i think I had maybe 150 mil? When i got on these forums today and saw pics with people having billions of dollars and even more research options etcā€¦unless those are mods, I am a sad panda :frowning:

2 Likes

Multiplayer for definate

5 Likes

Pacing. I feel I have to constantly push out games.

11 Likes

I would make it where you can make your game cover to the game.

2 Likes

Being able to modify the storyline or the gameplay, such as I often get angry when I have Medieval RPG Multiplayer, then it doesnā€™t know Iā€™m trying to make Runescape 1, just so annoying when you have an exact idea for a game but then it only lets make the most blatant and wide options.

1 Like

Rival Game Studios and Multiplayer

4 Likes

It would be interesting to have the ability to create a porting to another console or, much better, create cross-platform games!

15 Likes

MULTIPLAYER, NOA!!! seriously though, multiplayer would be one of the best things ever on this game

1 Like

ability to but research points :wink:

1 Like

Improve how custom engines work, making them more realistic and more intuitive.

Alternate History mode: Consoles and Companies sucess can and will be diferent with each playtrough, e.g Comodore can get the definitive lead on PC and become the future in gaming history. Would require more images and names though.

16 Likes

Bingo. This is what we want!

1 Like