If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

Make it so that you are up against other companies rather then be by your self

.adding a real sequel system would be good. Currently they only increase/decrease depending on the engine u used. What would be good is creating a games sales would be highl effected by theese factors:

• Fans of original one
  • Coprahansion of original and sequel reviews
  • The age of original game (best would be 3 yr old and younger or older will decrease sales)

Also being able to create special edition or collector edition on games and deciding the price of the game would be good. (After reviews screen)

The option to change background color. I have to play in a window because otherwise my eyes feel strained.

Alternate history. Game generates randomly consoles that succes and can lead to alternate history and some platforms that were never released in real world.

it would be cool if you could get the r and d lab to make cover art for your game (:
and it would be cool if i could keep my game on the market as long I want too (:

Add- Movie deals. It would be like the publishing deals except that if the movie does bad it could hurt your sales and vice versa. The way you could tell is by the topic and genre of the movie and a dialogue box that would pop up later to tell you how the movie did.

Iā€™d change the speed and the duration of the game. Like ā€¦7 dots for each week instead of 4, maby you could add hours into the equationsā€¦?

1 Like

Hello im from Australia and what a great game!!

I would like to utilize the walls/empty space more. I want to see live charts being projected on walls of say the ā€˜Top 10 gamesā€™ and maybe also the ā€˜Top 10 worst gamesā€™.

I think thereā€™s a lot of potential for ā€œLive Statisticsā€ to be shown around the walls, without clicking and selecting ā€˜Game Historyā€™.

Thanks for the time :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see more options in the gameā€™s menu. For one thing, if I can either speed text up by default, or if we could turn most of the in-game notices into little pop-ups down the left or right corner of the screen that fade over time so that they werenā€™t constantly popping up and interrupting what Iā€™m trying to do then that would go a long way to increase the replayability for me. As it stands Iā€™m thinking about taking a break for a while, because the little alert boxes are giving me Windows UAC popup flashbacks :frowning:

1 Like

A detailed finances screen so you could have a better look at what is coming and going every month, plus be able to see your financial history.

1 Like

Add more levels to the game.

1 Like

Ability to create box art for your games.

Expanded statement here:Game Art: A good idea and a way to add to the community :D

1 Like

Would like to see where fellow gaming companies could team up

Add a setting where you can toggle random starting topics. Felt horrible not being able to make games I actually want and having to waste Research Points on topics I wonā€™t use to unlock more topics to research.

Also, improve the review system, I want to know why my game was a flop or was really awesome.

Use the game reports system. They will tell you what did good for your game and what made it a flop. Make sure to use the 1.4.x version to have this available for you.

it Looks lifelessā€¦ and I dont like bubblesā€¦I should look more like game dev Storyā€¦

(more and better Features and more variability complexity is great - but graphics and animations are important to give the right moodā€¦ to get a Feeling you knowā€¦good game, but it doesnt catch yaā€¦)

Being able to put a price on your games.

1 Like

Sub-genres.

1 Like

the silly me has just found this thread, so: sorry for having posted my first thread wrongly

apart from the two bits iā€™ve written there, it would be really nice if you could integrate a ā€œmulti-topicā€ feature, i.e - mind my silliness - horror/rpg or racing/business and the likes

otherwise - just make it a AAA one

cheers + best
r.

I LIKE THIS GAME! ā€¦ please, more life, more ā€œMotionā€ on the Screenā€¦ more, funnier and more self-explanatory graphicsā€¦ lookin Forward to game dev Tycoon 2

(with graphics n Motion like in big productions this game could follow MadTv, Airline Tycoon and other big predecessors)