Game Art: A good idea and a way to add to the community :D

First post here and I wanted to bring an idea to the community and see what people think. I’ll sum up the general idea below, then go into further explanation.

Summed up…
Custom game art! It’s that simple. Along with running the tycoon things you have the option of designing art to be the cover of your games. A simple paint add-on like in there is in Animal Crossing or etc. would suffice. The three places you would see the art in game is on the game history screen, when you first receive reviews, and on the release info screen.

Further explanation…
On the game history screen when you review your games you see a picture of the console it was on with the average score overtop. The console is also listed on this area. Rather than essentially having two listings of the console (one visual and one text), eliminate the visual and add the custom game art here.

Also, the game screen when you release a game could have it at the top, right below the name of the game.

The game review screen could have it on the right side, as the reviewer comments rarely fill that part of the screen.

I feel that this would add more flavor to the game and make the games feel more special rather than simply being a collection of numbers. It would also foster an art community for GameDev Tycoon where people could share what they’ve created.

Thoughts? This is something that I hope hope hope the developers see and take interest in :smiley:

1 Like

P.S. I had mock-up images of where these things would go, but since I’m new I can’t upload images… sad days!