If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

I’d change the speed and the duration of the game. Like …7 dots for each week instead of 4, maby you could add hours into the equations…?

1 Like

Hello im from Australia and what a great game!!

I would like to utilize the walls/empty space more. I want to see live charts being projected on walls of say the ‘Top 10 games’ and maybe also the ‘Top 10 worst games’.

I think there’s a lot of potential for “Live Statistics” to be shown around the walls, without clicking and selecting ‘Game History’.

Thanks for the time :smile:

1 Like

I’d love to see more options in the game’s menu. For one thing, if I can either speed text up by default, or if we could turn most of the in-game notices into little pop-ups down the left or right corner of the screen that fade over time so that they weren’t constantly popping up and interrupting what I’m trying to do then that would go a long way to increase the replayability for me. As it stands I’m thinking about taking a break for a while, because the little alert boxes are giving me Windows UAC popup flashbacks :frowning:

1 Like

A detailed finances screen so you could have a better look at what is coming and going every month, plus be able to see your financial history.

1 Like

Add more levels to the game.

1 Like

Ability to create box art for your games.

Expanded statement here:Game Art: A good idea and a way to add to the community :D

1 Like

Would like to see where fellow gaming companies could team up

Add a setting where you can toggle random starting topics. Felt horrible not being able to make games I actually want and having to waste Research Points on topics I won’t use to unlock more topics to research.

Also, improve the review system, I want to know why my game was a flop or was really awesome.

Use the game reports system. They will tell you what did good for your game and what made it a flop. Make sure to use the 1.4.x version to have this available for you.

it Looks lifeless… and I dont like bubbles…I should look more like game dev Story…

(more and better Features and more variability complexity is great - but graphics and animations are important to give the right mood… to get a Feeling you know…good game, but it doesnt catch ya…)

Being able to put a price on your games.

1 Like

Sub-genres.

1 Like

the silly me has just found this thread, so: sorry for having posted my first thread wrongly

apart from the two bits i’ve written there, it would be really nice if you could integrate a “multi-topic” feature, i.e - mind my silliness - horror/rpg or racing/business and the likes

otherwise - just make it a AAA one

cheers + best
r.

I LIKE THIS GAME! … please, more life, more “Motion” on the Screen… more, funnier and more self-explanatory graphics… lookin Forward to game dev Tycoon 2

(with graphics n Motion like in big productions this game could follow MadTv, Airline Tycoon and other big predecessors)

An easter egg showing a future project of yours, for say you announce GDT 2, you could have an easter egg poster in office 2 with GDT2 on it.

Allow a console being developed by the hardware lab to be selected as the main platform for a new game. Even if the game development is completed (finish button) it can only actually finish when the console is also released.

This is a fantastic idea.

A better link between the early stages and the later stages of the game.
This might be through awards (that could be on shelves in your office), through (much) prolongued sales of really good games, through series/franchises (instead of just sequels), or end of year reports comparing your achievements of the year with earlier years and games.

I just bought this off Steam and it’s been crazy addictive.

One thing I would love to see changed is the games list. Be it for Games History or in the Games development screen, the games list becomes very troublesome to navigate as you progress through the game with sequels and MMO expansion packs. Would be better if it is displayed as a table with options to expand and display related games in one series.

1 Like

Pause button so I can give all employees tasks at the same time, then unpause.

1 Like