If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

[quote=“mikhail34, post:263, topic:2654”]
A few new consoles like

• commodore 64 (commodore)
  • sega mega drive 1,2, 3 (sega)
  • Steam Box (valve)
  • project shield (Nivida)
  • saturn (sega)
  • atari flash back (atari)
  • N gage (nokia)
  • playstatio portable (sonny)
  • Game gear (sega)
    [/quote]Several of those are already in the game.
    commodore 64 = Govodore G64
    Game gear = Vena Gear
    playstation portable = PPS

What they’re missing it either the Game Boy Color or Advance. Way too big a gap between Gameling and GS. Gameling should go down a tech level (to equal TES instead of Super TES) and put one of the updated Gameboys in.

I had the same thought but for with music for instance I’d still have the slider determined by genre but have all the sound engine features i.e. soundtrack etc. give more of a boost. Could be interesting to have the required slider position compete with the need for more features.

I would add more stuff to do once you get all the stuff to research more topics or 4d graphicsv1-v10

There is no 4D :large_blue_circle:

I think that there should be descriptions in the game features during development stages. Such as:

“Game Pad - Play your game with a Game Pad instead of Keyboard and Mouse” for example…

1 Like

Length, width, height and time… That’s 4D!

• Maybe I should expand and say that a game is only 4D when time is traversable either forwards and backwards

Maybe some more random staff stat modifiers, like distractions from hot colleagues, weather influence etc.
At least some sort of state machining for more dynamic feel of the game…

Being able to make Portable console along with standart console (and having more console designs maybe?)

1 Like

Add something like a mascot for a company or game, like how nintendo got Link and Bethesda got the Dragonborn, and the mascots can be customized and would appear on the G3 conventions.

1 Like

A “Console History” similar to the “Game History.”

This could be about just costume consoles, or all of them in the game. It would be nice to be able to see how many games/how much money you’ve made on a console other then when it gets retired.

PR Person/options so we can interact with the fans more.

I think there should be rival companies in the game. How I think this should work:

Rival companies release random games at random intervals. If you release a game at the same time that is better, you will get more money and give your rival a loss, and vice versa.

Also, you and rival companies can sabotage each other. If no-one finds out, the company that was sabotaged will lose money or their games will sell less, etc. But, if someone finds out, you will lose fans, or something along those lines.

This would also give the game more fun to replay, because you don’t know what the companies will do.

1 Like

cut off the mmo feature and bring in something more immersive like a forum board with feedback from the community, like they say we want more rpg/action combies or we’re waiting for a sequel from the game … and this “fan trend” could increase the review score in addition to the other stats or something like this

mmo’s are evil, i mean, i did not have collected millons of fans to screw them with some pay-to-play crap, at least that’s not the way i wanna play this game, i like the concept where you’re collecting fan’s and try to make them happy, i would never call my company blizz/ea/ubisoft

1 Like

Target Audience. All hand-helds have a ‘young’ target audience, no exceptions (and they do NOT have an “everyone” or “mature” category so don’t make games with “E” or “M” for handhelds.

A speed slider: when you’ve finished the game twice, sometimes you just want to try a new startegy, see how it works out, but even though you’ve seen bubbles fly trough 80 years, twice, in game, you find the game really slow and I think unlocking the ability to speed it up after finishing the game would be cool (I’m not talking about the storyline length, but about the week tick time)

Multiplatform games- you can take extra time to put it on multiple systems, or maybe spend some cash to have another company port it to another system, or be able to port old games to other/new systems.

5 Likes

Hi Guys!
I guess the best would be a multiplayer option!

I would improve the time and date like instead of Y1M1, lets have July 1, 1980 so maybe more people would buy my games around Christmas than spring and instead of me or my employees scratching their heads they would leave for the night.

3 Likes

Competing gaming companies – insert real milestones and games from real historical companies (and new invented ones) which cause a genre hype or cause less/more earnings for the player’s games in the same category. – Compete with the player

Seconded. Depends on the success of the games released for the platform how strong the platform is.