If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

This should absolutely be in it.

did you steal my picture? xD

1. Introduce random consoles after the wii u, ps4, and xbox kinect has been released
2 Likes

games should have more bugs you have to fix after launch or maintain a game in general, to gain more fans.

1 Like

The ability to shelve a game. Like making a game for a later release if the market’s not right or if you need more cash quickly.

6 Likes

AND the ability to make a game for an upcoming console… it could work with shelve a game

5 Likes

Release Multiplatform Games for Ex. Two Consoles like PC and Custom.

4 Likes

Give us the option of multiple topics and plattformer as genre. It annoys me when I try to make a flight/racing game or a vampire/romance game (teens would buy the shit out of that), and I realise that I can’t create a multiple topics game.

3 Likes

Implement a kind of hint system that tells me how should I use my sliders depending from what genre of games I have. That way it would prevent me from going or looking at some tables or wiki’s or other sites to get that help.

2 Likes

An additional Research option called something to the effect of “Market Research.” I feel this would help quell some of the loudest criticism of the game (not enough feedback to the player), and add some replay value to the game. A new player wont feel as much of a need to go to a wiki where the entire game is spelled out in less than 5 minutes, and as a veteran player I wont need to spend as many resources to learn these secrets because I read them on a previous play through… which will inevitably lead to higher scores.

Spend --> time/money/RP (please not RP, I never have enough already!)

On --> genre/topic/platform

Get --> A guaranteed success at one of the rating info type things

for example: Use it on TES and get “Really appeals to younger audiences” or "they seem to love action games on TES"
OR: use it on Action and get: “A strong focus on engine/A.I./technology (just one) is necessary for this genre”

Please also don’t let it be possible to get the same info on a single play through… super annoying.

1 Like

Support for modding, it would greatly improve the shelf life of the game and plus look at minecraft mods are half the reason i play that.

4 Likes

I would indeed put competition against other companies, I would expand many things such as the R&D Lab, Hardware Centre, etc. to at least Year 45-Year 50 instead of Year 30 because its hard to get AAA games in only 30 years.

But, competition such as, G3 = Your Placement got Place 33, Place 1, 2 & 3 were EB, Ubersoft, etc. etc. and put that up in sales. Oh and redo the whole review system, etc.

You should be able to release a game in more than just one plataform at once.

3 Likes

Thats a very good idea, but for that to work, you would need to make a Game Port in either R&D Lab or just by Researching, make that have three levels, so you port Small games, Medium Games, Big Games, and then in the R&D Lab, have another feature where you can do AAA Titles but this goes to every available platform chosen, but would require more money.

1 Like

Make it that you can choose what genre the custom console your company creates appeals to.

No matter what console you create, it’s always better with the same three genres (not going to say what they are as that is spoilers) and that takes away the appeal of a customized console.

1 Like

Wait, I don’t understand? Please re-write?

As for Consoles, they do need to re-do them, its strange as Simulation games should work best on a Console, and Strategy games on a PC instead of both of them being negative on the list?

Okay, I’ve rewritten my post, hope it makes sense.

Oh now I understand, yeah that makes sense what you are saying, if you want to make a console, do it to what genres you want specifically done towards, like me, it would be Strategy, Simulation, & Casual for example, right?

Yeah, that was what I was going for.

That should be greatly thought through thoroughly (The triple T’s, haha), as this could help the game greatly, since its very unbalanced in terms of how each console/hardware works right now.