Ideas for Game Dev Tycoon 2

This is one to add customization to the game; Creatable handheld consoles, phones/tablets, and even the only once tried shape of the Virtual Boy(or whatever it’s called in this game) for console shapes! But there will be unlockable stuff for this:

PC Alternative: Beat Game Dev Tycoon on any save.
Virtual Boy Shape: Post a game for Virtual Boy(or whatever) before its quick removal.
Tablet shape: Post 5 GrPad games.
DS shape: Post 10 GS games.
Vena Gear shape: Post 3 Vena Gear games.
Gameboy Shape: Make 5 Gameling games
GameCube/GameSphere shapes: Make 10 games on the GameSphere!

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas guys :smile:

The ability to port games from console to console so if a really good game comes out on the playsystem 2 you should be able to develop a port to the playsystem 3!
Also the ability to send part off your game development to another company to contract it(this would require AI developers)
Finally name suggestions. Just an array of 5 or 6 words associated with each genre and topic and pick one of each at random :grin:

Mongoose…?

JOHN.

This would probably be a ton of work to create, but I’d love a more random option. While I loved reviewing video game history, at the same time I’d almost want to be just like a game developer. I wouldn’t know if the Dreamcast/Dreamvast was going to fail back then, I do now of course, and I don’t want to spend my money on a license for it. Same with the Gamecube/Gamesphere and Sega Gear/Vena Gear. I’d love to be able to have the Dreamcast succeed and the PS or XBOX fail. Maybe things in random mode would sometimes work out similar to real life, but at the same time, you wouldn’t know, would you? ;). Just an idea I had, I’d love to see it implemented even though I know it’s unlikely.

SnappGamez… ?

Genres
Sandbox Perfect for open world
Flash Game Internet game that is free but makes fans over time and has a very small upkeep cost
Platformer Kind of like casual but not, for things that need it, like Mario

Topics
Board Game Sim, Strategy, Casual, there is a bunch of apps like it IRL
Survival Action, Adv, or Sim, Yay Minecraft, or Rust
Industrial Sim or Strategy, a business tycoon
Steampunk Action, Adventure, RPG, because we already have cyberpunk, and steampunk is awesome
Ghost An amazing game called Beyond: Two Souls sorta did this.
Spooky Better for youngsters, like Luigis Mansion those were the days!
Building Sim, Strategy, Casual, like creative mode Minecraft
Sailing Sim, Strategy, Action, RPG, not as much pirating
Fighting Action or Sim, I want Tekken
Killer Action, some freaky Texas Chainsaw stuff
Crime Action, RPG, mentioned by many, but I really want this
Stealth Action, RPG, Simuation, ditto
Drugs Action, Adv, RPG,Sim, you could probably have some fun while high in a video game XD
Cooking Casual or Sim, can`t believe nobody said this
Hack n Slash Action, Adv, RPG, might be like dungeon but maybe not
Tower Defense Strategy, Sim, Casual, good on mobile
Decoration Same as Fashion for everything
Farming Sim or Strategy, good on mobile

Settings
Random Topics No more annoying crap topics, so I can do a racing sim at the begging, not a music adventure

Research
Mobile Console Be able to have mobile consoles to compete with phones and tablets

Random Events
Lotto Takes 25-50% of your money, and will multiply it by 10 or something
Investigation Police come to investigate, if you have done something illegal in the past 6 months, they will fine you a large some of money, and if you deny them entry, you must pay a small sum of money
Strike Staff will not work unless you pay them extra money/ raise
Compliment Some random parodied famous person (ex. Gabe Gewwel/ Newell, Marcus Derrson/ Perrson, Tom Nancy/ Clancy etc.) gives you a compliment on your game that raises sales

Consoles
Atari Jaguar Available at the begging, very cheap publishing rights, losing market share, possibly only for long games, maybe only time for one or two games
Odyssey Ditto
Intellivision Ditto
Arcade Ditto

Other
Multiple Consoles Have more than one console available
Competitors Competition actually effects you, and Sabotage does something to affect their sales
Buy Engines Be able to buy the rights to use engines from other people, with risks of bugs needing patching
Emulation Used to play old games, makes small amounts of money and does not apply to reviews
Series Sometimes I make game, sequel, and sequel`s sequel, which makes zero sense, so there should be prequel options, track what games are in a series together, and maybe a week of extra sales for the original/ previous games.
Multiple Topics Much needed topic combos for better games

• Airplane/ Transport
  • Music/ Dance
  • Sci-fi/ Military
  • Mystery/ Detective
    Game Rights Buy the rights to make a sequel to a game (needs competitors)
    Regions Choose to release in certain areas only (like Master V was not successful in N.A.) and have regional trends and global trends
    Set/ Hold Trends When you create a (9+) game it sets a trend to that genre or topic, and when you have a good game in a trend (8.5) it keeps the trend going a bit longer to make one more game in the trend

If one of your games has bugs after you clicked publish, a little box asking you:
Game Name Here has Insert number of bugs, would you still like to publish it?
Annoying when your polishing then you get a bug at the last second.

1 Like

Being able to make pinball machine games and other arcade games would be cool

Awsome Ideas!
Something I personally would love to see is, the ability to better support fanmade games.
For now I only can stop them or let them be… But I would die to see how they are doing and stuff. :smiley:

Cheerio

also add costom computers and play the games you made

the ability to create an console,portbale and and phone/tablet at the same time.would be cool
Also one thign i loved about “GameBiz 3” is that you could design the chips placement and had to think of the heat they develop, and you also could overlock the cpu/gpu.

Also later in the game the chips get smaller and smaler through research.

This would be sweet for GDT2

allow the user to choose prices over games

There should be atari consoles to.

1 Like

if you add multiplayer mode that would be great

@Ilham_Fathoni There akready is multiplayer

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/wip-gdtmp-multiplayer-mod-0-3-6-1-3-2-0-server-gui-test-released

Also why are you reviving an old topic From Feb 13?

There is a mod that does this. (I can’t remember the name.)

CompetitorMod. But keep in mind that this topic was created in September, before modding was officially supported :stuck_out_tongue:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/wip-competitormod-by-kristof1104/9381

@Darkly, it still works perfectly. At the moment I am doing a playthrough and I’m in year 37… had no problems so far.

I meant this topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like