Ideas for Game Dev Tycoon 2

i don’t think that greenheart games should make a game dev tycoon 2 but they could make a large update with all of that stuff

Great ideas guys :cake:

it would also be cool if they had more console shapes and if you could make the same game for more than one platform

Maybe your hsould put these ideas to the first installment instead of GDT2. It’s like there isnt going to be anymore updates.

I think that you should add some form of multiplayer.

•An example would be we’re you can invest any an mount of money into your steam friends game company.

•You could also allow other peoples players go to their friends company building and help them build a game.

•Going along with my previous idea, you could also have a business meeting in your gaming hq and invite friends to join you, to invest and share ideas, maybe even give others technology you own. An example would be you conduct a business meeting and a couple of your friends join you and they are ahead of you in the game. For example they could give you 3rd gen 2d graphics when you only have 2nd gen 2d graphics, but for a sum of money, based on the technology level and yours and their level of that tech.

Hi there, I have bought the game, Nice!

I would prefer to have more staff, and staff offices: eg.: Office for the company’s CEO, for Accountants, for Marketing Experts, for Stock Department, for Financial Department. The Company should go to the Stock Market, etc. The company should do business with other countries.
A bit annoying the popup notifications. All these notifications should appear eg.: the CEO’s computer screen in the CEO’s office.

Can you improve the Game Dev Tycoon 2 with these options?

I just bought the game myself after watching a Let’s Play on Youtube :smile:

A couple of possible improvements could be:

• Company Buyouts, either you buy out a competitor or vice versa, if the former then you gain rights to their games to make sequels as well as retain their staff (and fire any bad programmers), if the latter then you have the choice to either retire ending the game or to start a new start up company (think Peter Molyneux).
  • Weekly/Monthly game charts showing your games and your competitor games
  • Slower game time where your game is on sale for longer, many old games are still sold years after their release, perhaps a 2nd hand market where you still receive royalties, would make buying out companies more important to gain their back catalogue and allow you to release a sequel
  • Basic project management where you have an estimated day/month for when the game will be ready allowing you to market and hype the game. The estimated date wouldn’t include any bugs so if you market the game to be released too early then you could suffer negative press, but the positive spin would allow you to hype the game for more sales (think GTA5)

I really hope you do decide to do a sequel as I could easily see GDT2 being a AA or AAA game and as a programmer if you need any help then I might be able to lend a hand :wink:

2 Likes

In the game of Game Dev Tyсoon I would like uvidit multiplayer co-op mode, or the like. What would an action game set in the 21st century to 2010, the real names of consoles. What would the character was his own house, and personage was not sitting glued to a chair 100 years. Of course, new games and real subjects of which will have to compete. And also, there was a good possibility to insert images from computer games. I hope that you listen to my request, with best wishes your a fan of Marcus.

The ability to save consoles

By making triple A, good games for consoles that will die (Like the dreamVast) you can save them

This adds new consoles.

Location choices

At the start of the game, you can choose what time and location (Like Europe and Japan).

New consoles

This includes the:
Atgari Jagwire
D3O
Govodore Gmiga (europe only)
Vena Neptune
Vena C-D (add on for oasis)
Vena X32 (another add on for oasis)
VG Engine (AKA Nintro Grafx in USA)
Milups I-CD (USA only)
and for saved systems,
Atgari Jagwire 2
Dreamvast 2
D3O M2

Would be nice implementing "custom controller device " (do you have Guitar Hero?), video game cabins’ genre, flipper layouts, body controller, social network impact.

I have some idea

1.(GreenHeart Game‘s Console) Why green heart game do not create a new console on Game Dev Tycoon?

2.(Free Games to Fans)To get more fans.

3.(Bundle of Console with Games) To gain more market on console.

I would like to see the “topic’s” expanded into sub-categories. For example… if you can not focus on one type of game as is, like sports. EA does not get bad reviews because it releases 5 or 6 different sports games per year, but in the game you do if you create more then one in a short time.

posting from another thread!

1 Like

Actually not, I tried a game where I used only Dungeon-RPG and I mostly got ratings 8-9. I made a thread with more details in the showcase forum.

Thanks for the input guys!

Would love a monthly game magazine!

“SlimCity is now out. Fans are slaughtering Electronic Darts for the always-online DRM.”
"-your game name here- is released on PC! OUTSTANDING reviews!"
"-company name- hasn’t released a game on a long time. Their fans are loosing faith!"

1 Like

Can’t you add these features to the current game anyway? Yes, It’ll cost some time, but at least its cheaper than publishing the same game again just with a better awesomeness

Guys, I really like your game. I like it so much that I will be happy to see most of the above-mentioned ideas effectively implemented. Besides, I would like to suggest another one:

Developing economics aspects of the game

We should be able to determine the selling price of our games.

It would be really interesting to have more economic data in this game (i.e. current sales and incoming games of competitors, feedback from gamers/fans and not only from magazines, more advertising aspects, etc.).

Some graphics would make this game even more interesting and will increase the simulation aspect of it.

Peace,

Phounet

PS: A french translation would be much appreciated :grin:

Game Dev Tycoon ONLINE maybe?

You can compete with other players’ companies and make a company with a friend and all of that.
It would incorporate all the ideas for Game Dev Tycoon 2 but it would have some more features than that because it’s online.

Also, the employees will be NPCs.

This is just a single idea, but I would like if the Grid project could be expanded in some way. At the moment it just gives you income without any of your input but I would like if there were some aspects of it you could tweak. For example, choosing a policy on indie games, whether you allow indie games with open arms or you block indie games completely. You could hold sales which maybe decreases your income for a while, but gains you fans meaning more people will buy from the Grid, so you may be able to offset that decrease in income. How strict is your DRM so for example whether games need to be Always Online or not, how many times a game can be installed ect. Stricter DRM will decrease piracy but will also decrease overall sales and fans ect.