How to get privilege's to put a mod in mod folder? (Mac

I’m trying to put a mod into the mod folder, but I cannot get the privilege to do it. I tried using “Get Info” and putting in my password and changing the privilege’s! I am computer admin btw

What is the name of the folder you put in the mods folder

Sounds like “ZipCeption” :slight_smile:

Unpack the contents of the sub-folder inside the package (named “CheatMod”) into your mods folder, so that you’ll have a folder called “CheatMod” inside the mods folder.

i.e.
./mods/CheatMod/[content is here]

The reason for this is, that most packages have a folder inside with the “real” mod.

i.e.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Nothing works. I opened up the CheatMods folder and discovered a CheatMod folder and another zip inside to re-create another CheatMod folder. I tried moving the CheatMod folder within the CheatMod folder into the mods, the little cross appeared again it won’t go in! I then opened up the cheatmod folder inside the cheatmod folder, and tried making a separate folder to move in. Will not work. It doesn’t seem to want to move in.

@EccentricGamer Forget about the “package inside the package” file :slight_smile:

This is how the compressed file looks like after download from GitHub:

Just ignore the “CheatMod.zip” inside the package. Copy / Extract the “CheatMod” folder contained into your mods folder, so that it looks like this (sorry, don’t have a mac right now on my desk, so screens are from windows):

Maybe taking a look at the following posts might also help you out of this ZipCeption :wink:

Did you already go through the “regular” FAQs? Maybe you find some hint there if u haven’t already?

Can u please post a screenshot of your mods folder and the “red” cross you get?

1 Like

I actually found the problem. I do not have the privilege’s to actually put in a folder. I pressed the little lock in the corner, entered my password, and the little lock unlocked. However, I still could not change the rights for me to change the mod folder. Now, can someone help me how to properly get the right to change tho folder :smiley:

I don’t know if this works for you, but u might give it a try:

• Using Finder, navigate to the game directory.
  • Right-click the Mods folder and select Get Info
  • In the Infobox, go to Sharing & Permissions.
  • Click on the lock to unlock it.
  • Enter your admin password in case it’s prompted.
  • Check that all privileges are set to read & write.
  • Click on the Burst icon (cogwheel) and select Apply to all enclosed items.
  • Select Yes to confirm.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

That won’t work! I have that privilege already, and I can’t click the cogwheel, it will not allow me! I need a privilege that will allow me to put the mod INTO the mod folder!

Is it a administrator account or normal? if it isn’t administrator then you may need a administrator account. i don’t know what the problem could be if that isn’t it.

As stated in the OP, it is a admin account.

Well, er, any ideas?

I answered your other post here;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/is-this-a-problem-with-the-game-or-my-mac/11242/2

1 Like

I actually found the problem. It seems that I think you guys did something when putting it on OS X, so I have to use my steam key to use the steam version in order to mod it.

Lock this topic now please.