Is this a problem with the game or my mac?

Right so I was busy attempting to mod my GDT, sadly it would not work.

So, I decided to check ''Get Info". Mysteriously, the mod folder’s get info was odd. It said I only had the privilege of reading. Yet in the box what shows users, it showed that I had the privilege of Reading and Writing. And even stranger, I’m an admin account, and I opened the little lock, I couldn’t change it!

Now, any other folder it’s fine and i can change privileges, so I’m thinking, could this be a problem with the mod folder or my mac?

OS X 10.8.2

Hey,

Welcome to the forums! :smile:

We have not heard of others experiencing this issue so i would suggest checking your permissions;
Here is the Apple support page for permissions;

As stated in my other topic, it seems it was something that I think you guys made when porting it to OS X, so I need to use my Steam version in order to mod.

@DanielKlug could you try to reproduce this?

2 Likes

I’ve tried it with administrator rights and without. On both versions, Steam and 1.4.5 (standalone), I was able to add and remove mods inside the package without any issues. @EccentricGamer Did you use the same user which installed the game on your system? If I am looking at the info of the mods folder I see that only the installer is allowed to write there. The mods folder wasn’t locked after installing on my Mac. (OS X 10.9)

1 Like

It’s on the installer account. Also, mine is OS X 10.8.2, and there might be a bug with it. I have to use my Steam version. It might be a bug on OS X 10.8.2 possibly? Maybe.