GDT Beta: Uncaught node.js Error

GDT Beta on Steam

From time to time the game freezes: animations stop, processes don’t proceed.
If i try to load an earlier save the game is still frozen, and if i want to look at the messages unread, then i get empty pop-up windows (with no content except for subjects). The only option that cures this is to restart the game. And sometimes while exiting i get this message:

Uncaught node.js Error

TypeError: Object # has no method 'save’
at eval (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:224:372)
at Array.map (native)
at a.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:224:347)
at Object.b.save (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:83:425)
at Object.b.autoSave (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:89:198)
at Window.eval (file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:159:84)
at Window.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
at Window.init.Window.handleEvent (window_bindings.js:148:13)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:789:26)

Piracy On.
Files from Local Storage:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P3JzT5XggaGJe3e4jcHYDXbgZ1bXLkgz?usp=sharing

Some hard specs: Intel i5-2410M, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6650M.

Upd:
Played a bit more and noticed that an autosave happens a week before the freeze.

Heya, We’ve just pushed an update that should fix this issue so please make sure you are playing on v1.6.3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems my Steam’s very sluggish, i still have v1.6.1 and no sign of a possible update. I’ll wait patiently then :slight_smile:

If you exit the Steam client and then restart it, it should queue the update.

For several years there were no freezes, but suddenly the game refused to make an autosave - and an error alert occured saying: “Object # has no method 'save’”.
After that no manual save could happen (the alert popped up again), but the game did not freeze, so there was hope to finish it with no saves :smiley:
Yet, at some point (about 8 minutes later), probably during another autosave, characters disappeared from screen, and the game finally got frozen.

Here’s a link to the last updated files from Steam’s userdata folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P3JzT5XggaGJe3e4jcHYDXbgZ1bXLkgz (Local Storage is there also)

This is due to a bug in the latest beta version, it should be fixed soon.