Game Dev Tycoon Cheats

Indeed, and it will make you understand what you’re doing as well.

No swearing! /edit by Charlie

@1yolo1swag1 He was saying to switch the setting so it would show the files because normally it is set to a different file type.

The cheats seem to still work the same for the non-steam versions of the game after the update for anyone wondering.

The cheat method was for the non-steam version of the game so use it on the steam version at your own risk if you do you may have to change cloud settings and find the saves files in the steam save file spot I don’t use steam so I can’t really say for sure.

Not Working :frowning:
Can anyone send me a download link with a save ?

Sorry I can’t help you there but are you using the Steam version?

Some of problems people are having on the steam version is the Cloud saves are getting loaded instead of the cheat saves.

Steam is much easier - You don’t need SQL software at all. Just go to the savegame folder that Steam uses and open up a savegame in something like notepad++ and CTRL+F “Cash”

Really as simple as that.

…\Steam\userdata\ …\239820\remote

Now it is working well !
It´s not the File on the %AppData% it´s the one on Steam :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the save game for GDT

Exactly where I mentioned - If you’re using the Steam version. If not it’s in Appdata’s local folder under Greenheart Games … something.

That is cool whatever method works best.

Edit: Do you know if you have to change any settings with Notepad ++ to get it to work or are the Steam version saves different?I ask because first time using Notepad ++ for me so I figured I would give it a try on the non-steam version doesn’t seem like it works on that version though SQLite browser still works for me so it isn’t a huge deal.

Would be kinda cool to have a guide of the cheats and what they do like with gameLengthModifier I set that to 14 and on the updated 1.4 version I’m in the 3rd office with my own console and the TES is still out although there are two of them for some reason.

I don’t have a appdata folder under the name of Greenheart Games

Here’s the one I have.

C:\Users\MY_NAME\AppData\Local\Game Dev Tycoon

Maybe I’ll try here…

Is there any possibility to make my emplyees fix bugs faster? After editing design or technology or whatever to higher value, they also are making a lot of bugs (in large games there are something about 2700 bugs) but after finishing the project they fix’em one by one, which takes a lot of time. Any ideas?

I was right about speed being part of it in the other post because I tested it on my game and bugs were fixed 100% faster maybe it is combined with another stat though like quality I’m guessing on that one though.

You sure though you aren’t creating so many bugs that even with super speed it looks like it is going slow?

For some reason I tried the first time and it worked. Then after the second try it’s not working anymore. PLEASE HELP!

I’m not sure. I’ve changed every value to 10 (thats 5000 in-game).
During developing the game bugs in orange bubbles occured even 30+. But after finishing the game (when green FINISH button with appears), when staff is going to fix bugs, they produced bubbles only with values no higher than 1.
Even with lower attributes values like 1000-1500 I’ve the same problem. Of course they commited less bugs, but during fixing process staff fix’em one by one.

Thank you, I have found what looks like the files,

Hmmm, I can’t seem to edit the files, it comes with nul across the codes

@thegamingchanne that happens to me too with Notepad ++ on the non-steam version it is why I was asking if settings had to be changed for it you probably can edit it with the SQLite Browser if needed.

@Levy_PL I’m not sure either in mine I have the stats set 2 or lower but speed is 20.

I was using the Steam version