Game Crashes within 20 seconds of loading up

I have windows Vista
I have somewhat fixed the problem by running the game in compatibility mode for windows Xp(service pack 2), but that is a temporary solution.

I would like to know why it crashes when i load it as Windows Vista.

Edit: When I run it in compatability mode the game tends to lag more and the audio is distorted

Hmm, so you’re the second person today that has reported there game crashes on WIndows Vista…@Charlie - Anything to help?

Thanks for your interest and for calling for backup :stuck_out_tongue:

haha its okay CCX, we all want playable games dont’ we? :stuck_out_tongue: I dont know but when I play games, I dont notice bugs at all…its strange

Hey guys, we dont officially support anything below Windows 7 because we dont have a test platform to reproduce bugs.
However I can suggest some diagnostic measures;

1. Add Game Dev Tycoon to your Anti virus & Firewall exception lists as crashing within 20 seconds points towards the game being denied from running.

2. Make sure your Vista is up to date with service packs.

3. Try reinstalling Game Dev Tycoon once the exceptions have been added.

4. See how it behaves with compatibility mode for windows Xp Service Pack 1 & 3.

5. Make sure you are running it as administrator and that your UAC isnt set too high.

Hope some of that helps! :green_heart:

/Edit Saw you other thread and merged it with this one, with the extra info it might also be worth clearing your cache;

Clear your cache. Which on windows is here;
C:/Users/YOURUSER/Appdata/Local/Game Dev Tycoon/Local Storage/

To View the App Data folder please allow viewing of Hidden Files and Folder;
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/show-hidden-files

1 Like

I started my first file just fine and I got to the Office (Out of the Garage) But I didn’t like the way my company was going so I wanted to start a new Company But whenever I try to start a new Company my game freezes and I have to close it

If your on a laptop, then your computer must of overheated.

I am on a laptop. It’s been running all day,I’ll shut it down for an hour or two.

Re-installed and Restarted. Issue not fixed

http://imgur.com/g0efI68

Having the same exact problem 20-30 seconds after the game starts :confused:

1 Like

Could it be a hardware problem?

I have windows vista. Do i need windows 7?

I don’t think you need Windows 7/8 to play the game. Hopefully the brothers can fix this issue quickly.

Thanks (The Sniper) for your interest

1 Like

Thanks for responding so quickly! I’m Trying out your suggestions

@Charlie, you know how you ask forum people to test out WIndows 8 and that…how many people would you need for Vista? Because thats essential since everyone would have Vista/7 now.

Windows Vista was relz is 2006 so its 6 years old. It was also vastly superseded by Windows 7, which was essentially a streamlined bug fixed vista and nothing more.

The reason we don’t officially support it is because not only is it old and superseded but the devs don’t have a vista machine
We do unofficially support it though, which means we will always try and help people with normal issues.

The great thing about Windows OS is that they keep their code similar enough and do not code in false limitations to force people to upgrade like some other OS do. Therefore we can unofficially support any windows platform that has enough juice to run the game. That said, i don’t advise trying on 3.1 with half a gig of ram :green_heart:

Just coming in. I’m playing Game Dev Tycoon on Windows XP now, but before that I used Windows Vista and I can say out of my experience: at least to 1.3.9 windows vista was just good for Game Dev Tycoon, I don’t know how it is with the newer versions but GTD worked fine for me. I think you guys just didn’t have the good minimum specs for it.

It might also be caused by an outdated display driver. Maybe you can find more error details in the Windows Event Logs (under Applications). We’re certainly not aware of a widespread issue on older Windows systems.

1 Like