Game #2 - Lots of information

ok so i found lots of information about game#2 and it will be put here

Our main focus is Game #2. Game #2 is a humorous and sophisticated business simulation game in the spirit of classics like Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper and Star Topia. It’s a new exciting concept and we are focusing on a great single player experience, full with interesting game mechanics and interactive story-telling. It’s our first 3D game and has simulation as well as base building elements. We are super excited about this but unfortunately it’s too early to show more (especially since we are switching engine).

Anyway, last year, while working on our new projects with 2D and 2.5D techniques in HTML5, we started looking into 3D with the use of three.js - It quickly became clear that 3D is the right choice for the type of game that we want to make and while we were astonished by what can be done with three.js, it was also apparent that we were constantly on the bleeding edge of technology. We spent the majority of time developing the underlying tech for the game instead of working on gameplay.

Codename: Game #2
Platforms: PC
We are currently hard at work developing a brand new simulation game, which we have cunningly codenamed “Game #2”.

We want to celebrate the fun of great simulation games like Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper and Startopia, while adding some neat modern innovations.

Our recipe: sophisticated simulation mechanics, a dash of base building, a spicy crafting system, and a generous dose of humor, all layered over our new hand-crafted, honey-glazed artstyle.

Let’s help bring back the glory days of 3D business simulations!

Game Dev Tycoon 2 is a long term goal for us. Last year we spent a considerable amount of time working on concepts for it (including a early gameplay prototype, more than just talk!). We wanted to prove that we have the necessary vision to make a sequel worthwhile. I think we do. We are innovating on the core gameplay, adding more and more features and aim to deliver a much more mature simulation game (while keeping it fun). We feel though that we can learn a lot from focusing on Game #2 first, and then coming back to the game dev genre. We are not leaving Game Dev Tycoon on the wayside though. More on this soon!

END

we also know its not game dev tycoon 2 and i hope they release updates on gdt 1 before gdt 2

1 one 1

quote=“SirEverard, post:4, topic:17225”]
Hehe, yeah sorry I was just toying a little =PCan’t really give you anymore information at this stage. Sorry :smile:
[/quote]

They have info they just wont tell us

I hope game #2 doesn’t look like these Freemium-Casual looking games, i’ve seen enough of those. A GDT style would be cooler :wink:

They never said: “We will develop a businnes/simulation game before we develop GDT 2”

I agree with you, but i don’t hope you mean that GDT 2 will never be released :wink:

1 Like

Game Dev Tycoon 2 is a long term goal for us. Last year we spent a considerable amount of time working on concepts for it (including a early gameplay prototype, more than just talk!). We wanted to prove that we have the necessary vision to make a sequel worthwhile. I think we do. We are innovating on the core gameplay, adding more and more features and aim to deliver a much more mature simulation game (while keeping it fun). We feel though that we can learn a lot from focusing on Game #2 first, and then coming back to the game dev genre. We are not leaving Game Dev Tycoon on the wayside though. More on this soon!