Will we see better character customization in a future update?

I like to edit graphic files in games to my liking when customization is not available, but I am particularly having trouble with the animations. Which brings me to the question; Will we see better character customization in a future update?

The devs (aka The Klugs) said that the game has done and the game will be update with bug fixes and translations. They will be focussing on their next game

1 Like

Goddamnit

We would have loved to provide more options here but for technical reasons this wasn’t possible.

Background: the game is actually a 2D sprite-based game and since we support up to 2560x1440 resolution with sprite-sheets up to 20FPS, the animation files for characters are huge. This is why the game takes ~1GB of memory on your graphic card.

Adding just a single variation of a character more would make this quickly worse.
We tried making the characters adjustable (different shirt and hair colors) but the performance hit by having to draw/adapt sprite-sheets manually was way too big.

Anyway, not gonna happen in GDT but the good news is that GDT2, when we get to it, will be based on a proper 3D engine. We won’t have the same limitations.

2 Likes

Yay! 3D engine rocks!

Yey!