French translation

Malheureusement le système ne prend en compte que les string “non traduite” et non “non suggérée”.

Peut-être que le panel modérateur est différent et permet de pouvoir voir les traduction avec suggestion.

Salut,
est-ce qu’on pourrait faire une traduction beta du jeu en attendant.

Yep je confirme, l’interface modérateur permet de trier les chaines dans plusieurs catégorie (traduite, non traduite, avec suggestion, etc).

Je me demandais quand tu choisis une traduction, est ce que ça met quelque part quel est l’auteur ?
Juste pour avoir une idée de quel traducteur fait du bon boulot.

Non, de même que le nom du modérateur n’apparaît pas après la validation.

@PatrickKlug

If you have the time to make me a moderator for the translation that would be great :smiley:

Salut, moi c’est Julien, j’ai 19 ans, je suis étudiant.
Je suis français mais je suis en échange académique aux US. J’ai découvert le jeu et sa traduction via les news sur la version piratée. C’est ma première expérience dans le domaine de la traduction mais je suis passionné par les jeux vidéo alors j’espère pouvoir suggérer quelques bonnes chaines. Merci !

Right, so I said that I’m part of the Greenlight Translators group, but I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry about that. I’m a French Canadian from Québec. I’m an undergraduate in English to French translation (one year left before I get my degree). My nickname on the translation page is [Greenlight Translators] Memilatorz.

I also have a question about string 819. It mentions “the Settings charm”. So, in this context, what is it exactly that they refer to as a charm? I guess it must be some kind of interface element, but there must be a reason why they call it a “charm”. =)

I guess that too, it’s really a weird use of the word charm.
I’m going to ask Patrick if he can explain that.

By the way, I’m doing progress on the validation of the translation, don’t hesitate to review the already “translated string” especially the long sentence (like invitation of the G3, programming contest etc …)

edit :

If any of you have the windows 8 app version of the game, we would have a better idea of what is it.

Wow I would never have figured that out by myself. Thank you!

After a few google searches, I found out that this refers to the “Charms bar” (literally translated to “la barre des Charmes”), which is a toolbar displayed along the right side of the screen. It allows the user to quickly access the settings and tools of any app. =)

Bonjour à tous :slight_smile:

Je me présente, Nicolas, étudiant en niveau Bac + 3 école de commerce.

J’ai beaucoup aimé le jeu et j’aimerai apporter mon aide dans la traduction. J’ai jeté un oeil au propositions faites et il semble que certains négligent les propositions qu’ils apportent, c’est rempli de fautes de français pourtant basiques. Vous avez un moyen de modérer tout ça ? Je n’ai pas trouvé comment faire de mon côté et avant de proposer mes propres traductions, je pense qu’il vaudrait mieux corriger celles déjà émises.

Si tu vois une faute de français dans une traduction déjà validée, hésite pas à (re)faire une suggestion. De toute façon, une fois que la traduction sera complète et qu’il n’y aura plus de chaîne non traduite, on passera en mode correction pour faire une revérification.

1 Like

Pour ceux qui en chercheraient il y a un certain nombre de chaines non traduites, ou mal traduites, de 235 à 279 :
http://translate.greenheartgames.com/projects/game-dev-tycoon/master/fr/translate/?checksum=6316057e64188f49ba2ac5815d3474ee

3 Likes

Merci Fabien ! On this string: http://translate.greenheartgames.com/projects/game-dev-tycoon/master/fr/translate/?type=all&pos=237
Do you think we can keep the french word “design” as in my suggestion, or should we use another word like “conception” for canadian french ?

I would say keeping design, but I need to discuss that with @Toxicat

On other subject, I really love your translation, I accepted I lot of your suggestion.

Thank you @Balor, I really appreciate it. :smile:

Is there a way to know to which string the {0}, {1}, etc. are refering to?

Look commentary’s line

Yes but is it possible to know the number of the strings refered to with a commentary like this? :
“Commentaires : fragment, continue with firstGameStoryRatingFragments” (That’s n°281’s commentary)

Yes it would be great to find the references for all these strings, especially for the ones with a time value. Each time, I try to find neutral sentences that would allow a lot of propositions (seasons, dates, months or formulas like “l’année prochaine”) but I’m always wondering if the preposition is included in the reference (à, en, pour, ou le/l’). Right now I’m pretty sure all the sentences like “The console will be available {0}” are clumsy once the date is included.