Community expansion: Let's do this!

The GDT Community Expansion is a go! It’s too good of an opportunity/experiment to pass up. I’m not aware of any other game trying something like this. It’s clear that players would love to see a DLC and given that some prolific modders (@kristof1104, @DzjengisKhan, @Stian and @janch32) have already signalled their interest I think we are off to a good start. I’m pretty sure other modders will join in as well, once the project gains some momentum.

Before we can actually publish the code to github, we still have to figure out some legal issues, namely the actual license we publish the source under and the CLA (Contributors License Agreement) which will govern any contributions and enable a potential commercial release. We’ll be working on this in the next weeks.

In the meantime I think it’d be a good time for the community to organize itself around the project, to discuss and define the goals of the project and start a conversation.

@SirEverard (who has been absent from this forum for too long) and myself will be giving input and setting up some tools (trello for collecting design ideas) and spaces (this forum for now) to aid this process but our intention is to be guides only. I think the project will work best if the modders themselves manage it.

Feel free to use the new community-expansion category to discuss.

8 Likes

[Community Expansion Team Leader][1]

Let’s get organised!
[1]: Community Expansion Team Leader

3 Likes

I understand correctly, anyone can join, but leaders the guys from the topic?

1 Like

Anybody can contribute yes. The team leader will be @kristof1104. Refer to Community Expansion Team Leader

You can count on me for the art !

Перевод на русский: http://gamersgomakers.ru/topic/111-dlc-ot-soobschestva-update/
Russian translate.

1 Like

Why are you posting a link to GamersGoMakers translations?

It’s name of community.

I think this would be done by around middle August.

I think the middle of August is a little bit too early. I’m thinking close to late 2015 to early 2016, due to the time it takes for mods to actually take, if it is custom Java code we’re talking about, and also taking in that the people working on this can do it jointly enough to where they can communicate when needed, AND then there would be the number of mods they’re packing in the expansion and how much work would go with THOSE mods.

Just curious…

What is custom Java code and how is it differ from “normal” Java code? :smiley:

What I meant was that you use your own code other then using the other applications you can get for the game that makes it possible to do topics and other things faster. Does that clear it up for you?

Oh Crap!

I spend some time out of the forums and all of this is happening! I’m not good at coding but anything you guys need me, just say (I could maybe translate it to Brazilian Portuguese)

And, as the title says, LET’S DO THIS!

1 Like

I’ve got some limited knowledge of HTML and Javascript so I’d be willing to contribute something! Just tell me what to do and I’ll stick my finger in the pie!

When will the fourm pop up?

I’m just learning Javascript(it is used for html too) and I can help in translation to Brazilian Portuguese too(much more than programming, because i’m learning the basic)

I think it would be fun if they put it on mobile

I have missed much here.

1 Like

I have an interest in the community expansion but I don’t know how to code or mod. But I could help with other things like publishing and team management. Contact me on Steam: ShadowedDeath or CuppyCakeFTW

According to Discourse, I was tagged somewhere in this topic. It matches the exact time Patrick changed the category too, maybe a bug?

1 Like