Celebrating Game Dev Tycoon with Workshop support

Today, we are happy to announce that Game Dev Tycoon now ships with Steam Workshop support and, even better, there are already a dozen great mods available for you to enjoy. From simple mods that add topics and platforms, to more advanced mods adding competitors or allowing you to build custom PCs. Head over to our Workshop page to check out what’s on offer.

To celebrate the launch we are running a week-long 50% discount. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Create your own mod!

Whether you are an expert modder or a complete beginner, you can create a mod for Game Dev Tycoon.

For beginners, our community has created a wizard-style mod creation tool that requires no programming knowledge. With its simple UI, the Ultimate Mod Editor allows you to create your own mod in no time.

Game Dev Tycoon is written in HTML5 and if you do have some programming knowledge, the open nature of this technology doesn’t put a limit on what you can achieve. To start with, you can use our modding API but skilled modders are not limited by what the API provides. We have an enthusiastic and friendly modding community and we’d love to see you become a part of it. Head over to our forums and say hello :slight_smile:

To developers

Is your game created in HTML5? Want to add Workshop support to your own Steam game?
Good news! We have just updated our open-source Steamworks integration library, Greenworks, to include Workshop support and you can use this to integrate Steam Workshop for your game for free. Check it out here.

For more information about the current release, please consult the changelog:
http://www.greenheartgames.com/game-dev-tycoon-changelog/

We wish to say thanks to our private beta testers for their very valuable support and assistance they gave us during the last days. You’ve done an amazing job!

Thank you to all supporters and modders who started updating and uploading their work to Steam Workshop.

You deserve a huge :cake: any special flavours? :wink:

[Original Post: http://www.greenheartgames.com/blog/]

10 Likes

Congrats guys!

Yes !!!

Yey!

Congrads on the workshop! You did an excellent job! :cake: :cake:!!

3 Likes

i added some more features to your startswith mod and i want to release it to the workshop
i kept your name as author but added new stuff by and then me.
its a great mod and now you can target audiences, market, and more at start